: Which Warranty to get?

helogene
07-30-08, 05:49 AM
I'm buying a "lightly" used 2005 CTS-V. It has just under 9300 miles on it. It's "IN SERVICE DATE" is was Nov 2004. SO, I've got to do something, soon.

It is at a Cadillac dealer, and they will put it in the CPO for appx $2000. The "DOWNSIDE" I see to this is it will only extend me to Nov 2010, and 100,000 miles. The milage is good, but the time frame isn't.

I can also get a GMPP extended Major Guard, from the Dealer for about $2000. That's for a 4 year, 60,000 mile warranty. Of course, the salesman sic'd the finance person on me, and they were trying to sell me a warranty from "NATIONAL WARRANTY", 5 years, 100,000 miles, with a $100 deductable.

I'm also looking at a couple of the "ONLINE" GMPP sellers. Sudbay is one, Black Pontiac Cadillac is another, and Vaden Automotive in GA.

Is there a way to buy "UP" the TIME on the CPO warranty?

Or, do I have to buy the major guard to get the time frame?

Thanks

odla
07-30-08, 06:46 AM
i think they are ripping you off big time. $2000 for a cpo or gmpp. thats crazy. i bought my gmpp from black pontiac online with no problems at all and for less than $2k. have you looked up the price from black pontiac site? i would go off of that to see how much the dealer should be charging. as for cpo i think i remember someone here saying that it only cost them $1,000 - $1200.

Naf
07-30-08, 06:58 AM
If i may, the car is in good shape and you have till the end of this year for warranty. From now on its gonna be more consumables then defective parts. Lay off the warranty and put your money else where.

The diff is your achilles heal. Everything else is gonna be swapped out. Also if you are to change the heads you will lose the warranty, if you were to add the KARSIII kit bye bye warranty, if you were gonna put in a cam See ya warranty...Why wast it on something and try and find a loop hole to keep it when you already know the car runs great....Its a low miles 05 V..Get the motor mounts and other sweet nit bits...

Bigron
07-30-08, 07:35 AM
You can buy a GMPP until your warranty runs out so unless you are going to finance the GMPP it's not worth buying it now. End of September would be the right time to purchase it, model year change for GMPP and rates go up for 2005's in October

CPO can only be purchased from a Cadi dealer at the time of sale

National Warranty not in the discussion

Bigron
07-30-08, 11:15 AM
Also there is no way to up the CPO time.

Was the 4 year 60,000 GMPP MG a 0, 100 or 200 deductible?

helogene
07-30-08, 01:27 PM
Also there is no way to up the CPO time.

Was the 4 year 60,000 GMPP MG a 0, 100 or 200 deductible?

That was with a $100 deductible....OUCH....

I've talked with some VERY nice folks in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania this morning.....

I think I'll be going with one of them!

I do "HEAR" you about saving my money, and buying ENGINE/GO FAST parts...

But, I think I have to put that off for a year or so first. I need to figure out what bugs the car has, and work through those.

IF I had a brand new "V", why would I only put 3,000 miles a year on the car? Course, the guy probably had something else "FUN" to drive, and this was the "OTHER" car.

Thanks again all. This forum has been the best money spent so far!

CTSV_510
07-30-08, 04:12 PM
I do "HEAR" you about saving my money, and buying ENGINE/GO FAST parts...

But, I think I have to put that off for a year or so first. I need to figure out what bugs the car has, and work through those.

I wish you luck in that. :thumbsup:

I said I was going to keep my V stock for a year too when I bought it in January. Now look at me. I think I'm going to get myself a cam for my end-of-warranty celebration in Jan '09. :D

Feffman
07-31-08, 12:11 AM
I used Warranty America for my 2004 V. Contact Mike Calazzo at Agape Auto Warranties (www.agapeautowarranties.com). I paid about $1,650 for the Bumper-To-Bumper warranty out to Nvember 2011 or 100,000 miles. It had a $100 deductible and was transferrable to the new owner.

Feff