: GM accessory tail ligts vs. Export

Cliff8928
07-30-08, 01:38 AM
I just picked up the set of accessory tail lamps today from the dealer and installed them, I figured they were just re-selling the euro tail lamps as an accessory, but that wasn't the case. Does anyone know what the part number is to get the REAL export version?

The difference is that on the US tail lights (stock and accessory) both rows of LEDs are red, they both function as tail lamps, the outer as the brake lamp and the inner as the signal lamp.

The real euro version has the outer row of LEDs that are red and do the tail and brake functions however the inner row of LEDs are amber and only do the signal function.

STScaddyman65
07-30-08, 08:03 AM
Cliff,
I work for LGR in Lansing where we build the Caddy's and I have to work this weekend, I will try to find out what the part number is on my breaks for the EURO part ifor you. It may take me some time but I will try...... :halo:

Cliff8928
07-30-08, 12:23 PM
I guess all I would really need is a VIN for a export car and they should be able to find it at the dealer.

STScaddyman65
07-31-08, 07:01 AM
I know I can find the part numbers for you as they are on all of the parts, I just work in paint. By the weeks :thumbsup:end I should have the right part number for you...:thumbsup:

lreddiablo
07-31-08, 03:53 PM
Sweet, I have the aftermarket clear lenses, and I was disappointed when I noticed all red LEDs, no amber, would love to get the real ones instead!

Cliff8928
08-01-08, 12:41 AM
I know I can find the part numbers for you as they are on all of the parts, I just work in paint. By the weeks :thumbsup:end I should have the right part number for you...:thumbsup:

The only problem is that there is a part number for EVERY individual component on a GM tail lamp. I'm not sure which one is the whole assembly.

Sweet, I have the aftermarket clear lenses, and I was disappointed when I noticed all red LEDs, no amber, would love to get the real ones instead!

Exactly the point of me getting to the bottom of this... I'm betting they'll be a bit more $$$ though.

STScaddyman65
08-01-08, 10:55 PM
:thumbsup:

Fellow STS Owners,
As promised...
Here are the complete tail lamp assembly GM Part #'S, Bolt in, plug in and roll... May be expensive, but here you all go....

Jeff

GM PART #

Domestic....(all red)
Left Side---25798545
Right Side--25798544

Export.... (Clear)
Left Side---25754023
Right Side--25754022

Cliff8928
08-02-08, 01:16 AM
Wow.. almost 2x the accessory tail lamps. But then, the accessory ones are less than the regular red ones.

STScaddyman65
08-02-08, 02:08 AM
Wow.. almost 2x the accessory tail lamps. But then, the accessory ones are less than the regular red ones.

Cliff,

Did you already get a price quote on the Export from a dealer, what did they quote you??

Cliff8928
08-02-08, 12:02 PM
Checked online at GMPartsdirect.com. $260/ea

lreddiablo
08-04-08, 04:09 PM
Any one know a pick-a-part in Europe somewhere? Actually not too much worse than what they charge for the US, which is $215 each. And I got my cheap clears for $285 for the pair.