: RANT HELP Ken Batchelor Cadillac in SA TX SUC$S will not program VIN in PCM

Cheyenne72
07-29-08, 09:53 AM
Ken Batchelor Cadillac in SA TX SUC$S will not program VIN in PCM. I just got off the phone with an ahole from this dealer. I tried to be nice but they treat people like children. I told him my mechanic needs to have the VIN in the PCM for his handheld scanner. At the end we got into a shouting match since he said I can't help you. He even said maybe you should take it to GM dealers only that has real scanners! Unreal! I said "Are you telling me that NOW I must always take my CTS-V into a GM dealer only?" I said hold on I am recording this conversation... he then stumbled on his words, no I am not saying that... Any ideas anyone?

The Tony Show
07-29-08, 10:01 AM
Let him know it's a well documented fact that some cars left the factory without a VIN in the PCM. There's a GM bulletin that addresses it, and politely ask to have it repaired as described in the bulletin.

CIWS
07-29-08, 11:26 AM
Probably not a good idea to tell them you want it in there because of a scanner/tuner.

The Tony Show
07-29-08, 11:35 AM
That too. :)

Cheyenne72
07-29-08, 12:01 PM
That is what Diablo Sport told me to say... "My mechanic does diagnostic work on my car and his scanner OBD/II tool does not read it due to the VIN not being in the PCM" The word "TUNER" was never used. I told him that word for word and no go. What other reason could you use to put the VIN in the PCM? Tony which GM bulletin addresses that? They are not stupid, they think/know people re-tune these things. What other reason can you give to put the VIN in there? I am sure GM had addressed it that they should not put the VIN in there. This dealership is always difficult and combative. The first thing they asked was "Why do you need the VIN in the PCM?" They know whats out there. Trust me I was very nice and professional to start with and I don't mind a spirited discussion but these people are just difficult. Any other ideas? I feel its my car and should be able to do what I want with it. I am not one for lawsuits but this is not right. There is only one other dealership in SA TX so I may go there but same question will come up.

CIWS
07-29-08, 01:04 PM
That is what Diablo Sport told me to say... "My mechanic does diagnostic work on my car and his scanner OBD/II tool does not read it due to the VIN not being in the PCM" The word "TUNER" was never used. I told him that word for word and no go. What other reason could you use to put the VIN in the PCM?

Before I had my V tuned I was told by the tuning shop that some of the Vs PCMs did not have the VIN number in them and they could not tune the car if that was the case because LS1 edit needed it. So when I took it to the dealership I asked them to verify my PCM did in fact contain my VIN number in it because I was told some of them did not come that way and I wanted to make sure my car was correct. If it did not please write it in there for me. They checked it and all was good. The car was later tuned.

What other reason can you give to put the VIN in there?

The car should have the VIN of the vehicle programmed into the PCM so it can be verified it matches the car it's installed in. As an owner you are entitled to have the car setup and running correctly. Why would they as a dealership not wish to verify and/or correct an issue with the vehicle vs giving you grief about the subject.

This dealership is always difficult and combative. Trust me I was very nice and professional to start with and I don't mind a spirited discussion but these people are just difficult

Flunk them, go somewhere else.

urbanski
07-29-08, 01:49 PM
PM sent dude

Cheyenne72
07-29-08, 05:01 PM
Thanks for your help urbanski.

SkullV
07-29-08, 05:07 PM
PM sent dude

Urb, aren't you always the one saying to post information in the forum because it only helps one person in a PM?

Cheyenne72
07-29-08, 06:27 PM
I live in SA TX like urb, I simply asked him a pm question and he got back to me confirming that Ken Batchelor Cadillac people are jerks. UPDATE, I took it to another Cadillac dealer and told them what CIWS said and service mgr said yes we will verify it and put it in. He lied which I thought he would, no VIN in the PCM. He goes on to tell me that without the VIN in PCM the car would not start, I said WOW really... some people say that some cars like the CTS-V do not even have the VIN in the PCM. Trust me guys I was nice but NOT kissing his a$%. I told him to verify the VIN and put it in there and he said ok, but he BS'ed me and did not do it. He even said that he ran off three people from a Cadillac forum site for mods etc... to CTS-V's What a jerk! I am not one to give up very easily but I am running out of options. Short of driving to Austin or Houston and finding a contact I am running out of ideas. Ask urb, the dealers here in SA TX are jerks. I would not doubt it that GM sent a bulletin to dealers to NOT put the VIN in the PCM. Anyone else with ideas? Its a shame I really wanted to try out the diablosport!

heavymetals
07-29-08, 07:32 PM
It just takes someone who knows what they are doing with TECHII.

Go find youself a friendly GM tech and it may only cost you a sixer.

Cheyenne72
07-29-08, 07:57 PM
heavy, I was actually thinking about doing that parked outside with two sixers in hand :) thanks.

urbanski
07-29-08, 08:57 PM
Urb, aren't you always the one saying to post information in the forum because it only helps one person in a PM?

yes i do say that. in the interest of consistency here's what i told my real life friend in the PM
"call me"

RightTurn
07-29-08, 10:15 PM
Hmmmm, it's entirely possible that plenty of dealership employees from all over the U.S. are reading this forum every day. Seems to me that some of these posts need to be taken to PM. :D I'm just sayin.' Good luck, Cheyenne.

Cheyenne72
07-29-08, 10:24 PM
Yes in fact the other Caddy dealer here in SA TX knows about this forum. You are correct Righturn, I would not doubt that GM even pays someone to monitor these forums! Well anyway, I tried with the diablosport and I hate to give up but stock form it shall stay. Thanks everyone for your help, I've been sick so I have not been on lately but I appreciate everyones input.

SkullV
07-29-08, 10:26 PM
Any interest in selling the tuner?

Cheyenne72
07-29-08, 10:37 PM
Skullv, thanks for the offer but I am just going to send it back. Since I only bought it 8 days ago, they give you 15 days for a full refund.

CIWS
07-30-08, 08:34 AM
Go ahead and send the Tuner back, but call around to some of the Corvette/GM tuning places in your area and ask if they have a Tech II. My tuning place here does.

The Tony Show
07-30-08, 09:48 AM
StealthV can also program a VIN into a PCM. Even if you decide not to tune it and just want the VIN in there, I'm sure he can help you out.

Bueller
07-30-08, 01:01 PM
I would try the Chevy dealer. They will have the Tech II.

AAIIIC
07-30-08, 10:02 PM
SUC$S
When did "sucks" become a swear word? :confused:

Lord Cadillac
08-05-08, 04:09 PM
At the end of the day, this forum should help GM and Cadillac more than anything. We're here to help make an owner's experience more positive. We're also here to promote Cadillac as a brand - which should allow people to perceive Cadillac in a more positive light - possibly helping with resale value.

I don't always have positive things to say about GM and Cadillac - but more than anything, I want to see them succeed. If there's anything that's questionable in regards to legal issues, I would hope that I'm informed by our members or team before anyone else...

Hmmmm, it's entirely possible that plenty of dealership employees from all over the U.S. are reading this forum every day. Seems to me that some of these posts need to be taken to PM. :D I'm just sayin.' Good luck, Cheyenne.

RightTurn
08-05-08, 07:31 PM
I'm sure we all share your desire that GM/Cadillac succeed, so I'm not sure what your post means or what "legal issues" you are referring to?? :tard:

urbanski
08-05-08, 09:20 PM
i think we're done.
OP knows how to contact me.