: Top Gear preview for next week

jnrandall
07-28-08, 10:10 PM
Watching Top Gear tonight, the preview for next week's show displayed the CTS-V episode. Went to the BBC America site and confirmed it.

Mon. Aug 4th - 8pm James, Richard and Jeremy bring in their moms to help review of range of small cars, among them the Renault Modus, Honda Jazz and Peugeot 1007. Richard takes out the new BMW 3 Series out for a spin while Jeremy tries out the American Cadillac CTS-V. Ser. 6, Ep. 4

So for those who are not sick of seeing it on YouTube. :thumbsup:

nikon
07-28-08, 10:20 PM
series 6?? don't you mean series 11? and I thought episode 6 was the last episode for this season....at least I thought thats what I heard them say.

JonCR96Z
07-28-08, 10:25 PM
You can watch it on youtube.

SLPR 6.0L
07-28-08, 10:27 PM
thanks, will record

nikon
07-28-08, 10:34 PM
You can watch it on youtube.

the last episode you watched and are referring too....was the one where hammond tested the krumpert...right? If so than youtube has the episode # wrong.

nikon
07-28-08, 10:37 PM
ugh.....make sure you check what episode your watching.....here's the episode your referring too..it's the V1 test.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x06nGa7ZQPI

thebigjimsho
07-28-08, 11:31 PM
Either way, a fairly enjoyable time...

Speedogomer
07-29-08, 01:37 AM
The newest series is #11, but they only show that on BBC2 in England. In the US on BBC America they show older episodes from prior series.

So the CTS-V episode is an old episode in England but "new" in the US. I watch the new season (number 11) on youtube and I watch the old ones on BBCA (I've seen them all tons of times, I'm a huge Top Gear fan)

The CTS-V review was actually a pretty good one, you'll see.

BacDoc
07-29-08, 10:35 AM
The words I keep hearing everytime I drive my V hard: "Doesn't matter, cause I've got all the power!"

Bigron
07-29-08, 01:52 PM
yeah they are showing 2005 or 2006 episodes as "new" episodes.
You can download all the episodes here:
http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/

Speedogomer
07-29-08, 07:34 PM
Top Gear is by far my favorite show, I love it. Word has it that NBC is making an American Top gear.

JD03Cobra
07-29-08, 11:09 PM
I can't wait for them Brits to rip on another great American car :thepan: They complained about the Ford GT, Corvette Z06, 04 CTS V, Ford Lightning, Ford Mustang, etc...I like the show but they are very biased towards European cars.

StealthV
07-29-08, 11:19 PM
The V is rubbish.

Bong, bong, bong...

concorso
07-29-08, 11:35 PM
I can't wait for them Brits to rip on another great American car :thepan: They complained about the Ford GT, Corvette Z06, 04 CTS V, Ford Lightning, Ford Mustang, etc...I like the show but they are very biased towards European cars.Watch carefully and you see he complains about the smallest insignificant things and praises what matters. They (Hammond and May) only complained about the FordGT to get under Clarkson's skin. He also said about the Z06 that it works best on a track....jeez what an insult! :P
Clarkson hated the Ford Lightning because its shit. He also liked the Mustang but said it handled like crap, and then changed his tune when they tested the Roush Mustang with less power but a better suspension setup.

Clarkson has said numerous times that Top Gear the show is not an automotive review show, but an automotive opinion piece with great videography. Take his opinions for what they are, enjoy watching them flog the best/most interesting cars in the world, and be glad youre not watching another Motorweek pylon test...

BacDoc
07-29-08, 11:40 PM
I can't wait for them Brits to rip on another great American car :thepan: They complained about the Ford GT, Corvette Z06, 04 CTS V, Ford Lightning, Ford Mustang, etc...I like the show but they are very biased towards European cars.

How dare they have good taste and demand quality! :banghead:

concorso
07-29-08, 11:43 PM
Top Gear is by far my favorite show, I love it. Word has it that NBC is making an American Top gear.
Tanner Foust, Adam Corolla (sp?) and some other sap...maybe it'll be Alonzo Bodden and his 101 shitty reviews.

Regardless of Top Gear's opinions or Brits opinions for that matter, right now theyre the only ones making good car shows. You just have to constantly wear your anti'anythingthatsnotbritish filter.

concorso
07-29-08, 11:44 PM
How dare they have good taste and demand quality! :banghead:His complaints about the V's are purely cosmetic. His complaints about the Lightning are a little more harsh. :)

Civardi
07-29-08, 11:56 PM
Tanner Foust, Adam Corolla (sp?) and some other sap...maybe it'll be Alonzo Bodden and his 101 shitty reviews.

Adam Carolla = Jeremy Clarkson

Tanner Foust = Richard Hammond

Eric Stromer = James May

I have a dislike for that Foust.

thebigjimsho
07-29-08, 11:59 PM
In Brit speak, they really liked the V...

Speedogomer
07-30-08, 02:03 AM
Top Gear can be harsh on American cars, but it's always entertaining nonetheless.

I highly doubt an American Top Gear would be any good, the best part of Top Gear is the interaction between May Clarkson and Hammond, a new show with different presenters would lose that.

Naf
07-30-08, 08:56 AM
In all honesty they have a point, the americans spit out low quality cars...The europeans release more refined cars...The Aston Martin is hand crafted, the BMW is so over engineered it lasts for ever and a day before anything breaks off...VW offer 7 years of warraty on the car and 9 on the chassis. HONDAs never die no matter how hard you drive them.

Its all about what the purpose of the vehicle is...American cars are best value cars at the end of th day...They last for about 5 years and you can toss them for a new one...A corvette here is 26,000kd which is cheap compared to any sports car of its class....The Escalade is the CHEAPEST luxury SUV here..BMW X5 is more, the VW tuoreg is more and the Volvo XC90 is more, and lastly the Lexus is more...But none compare to interior room nor hp nor ACTUAL SIZE...