: tuning the V?

Wads56
07-28-08, 08:51 PM
When you install the Maggie kit the first step is to flash the computer. You are supposed to remove the audio fuse under the rear seat or the program will not work??
So here is my problem.... lets say my dyno tuner did not remove the fuse when he tuned the car. Would I have all kinds of problems like low dyno results, every other day a sensor throws a code, then finally the car just shuts off during normal driving?

rand49er
07-28-08, 09:44 PM
Never did the MagnaCharger tune here, so not sure exactly what the purpose is.

First, had a StealthV tune and never touched the fuse. Then, took it to Wheel To Wheel Performance for a dyno tune and no one touched the fuse.

No codes and haven't had to walk home yet.

CTSV_510
07-29-08, 12:13 AM
^^^ You're also not using the magnavolt, right? Isn't that what causes the car to shut off in 95% of the "maggie screwed me and then made me walk all the way home" cases.

Twitch
07-29-08, 07:38 AM
I think the fuse removal has something to do with the superchips tuner they give you. I have to do the same thing.
Did you get the Maggie yet?

rand49er
07-29-08, 08:52 AM
^^^ You're also not using the magnavolt, right? Isn't that what causes the car to shut off in 95% of the "maggie screwed me and then made me walk all the way home" cases.True ... no magnavolt here. Bad ground connection, I believe, was the culprit in many of those cases. Twitch may be on to something.

Wads56
07-29-08, 10:18 PM
I looked at all the install manuals that Magnuson has online. It seems that cars with navi/Onstar you have to remove fuses before programing the computer. All other cars you don't. I think that if the navigation or Onstar is active during the programing process it can cause trouble with the upload.
I guess that make sense because anyone that burns there own music on to cd's knows that if you are surfing the net, and playing a games at the same time chances are that some songs will not burn.

Perhaps this is why I have so many codes after the dyno tune

CTSV_510
07-29-08, 10:32 PM
Then just have your tuner reflash it for you and see if that helps.

StealthV
07-29-08, 11:23 PM
The fuse has to do with the tuning software in the handheld unit. Removing the fuse cuts decreases the traffic on the vehicle's network and allows more clear communication between the handheld and PCM.

A more "robust" tuning software does not require fuse removal as it actually tells the various control modules such as On$tar to be quiet and not broadcast any information on the network.

If the fuse and communication traffic were an issue, you'd have a dead PCM.

Reflashing won't help.