: K&N CAI Review

By By C Ya
07-28-08, 02:27 PM
Against most of your guys better judgement, I bought the K&N CAI. Installation was a breeze other than having to bend one of the brackets a bit. I'm not real mechanically inclined and took me about an hour. The biggest pain was getting the weatherstripping on the heat shield.

Anyhoo, once on and just sitting there, I gave it some gas. Throttle response is considerably better. I then took it for a test drive, it was around 70 degrees out and low humidity(at night). From my butt dyno I'd say there is definately some gains, how much, I don't know, but you can definately feel the difference. What I like most about it is the sound. I really gave it a nice growl and a little whistle.

Overall I am very pleased.

Twitch
07-28-08, 02:36 PM
I think the better throttle response is from changing the tube. I thought it felt better with the homemade tube.

CTSV_510
07-28-08, 02:49 PM
Now that your engine is breathing in better, help it breath out better too. :thumbsup:

Cowan480
07-28-08, 02:56 PM
I started out with the K&N two months ago and look at where I am now!!

You're in big trouble!! Start saving your money cause you're going to Mod the V out!! too funny!!

stuckey
07-28-08, 03:54 PM
I started out with the K&N two months ago and look at where I am now!!

You're in big trouble!! Start saving your money cause you're going to Mod the V out!! too funny!!

All that in 2 months????? Very nice.

lollygagger8
07-28-08, 04:27 PM
K & N wouldn't sell me just the tube itself.....bastards lol

By By C Ya
07-28-08, 05:03 PM
K & N wouldn't sell me just the tube itself.....bastards lol

That was my first attempt, to use the K&N tube with stock airbox. I couldn't get it to work. This is what I did on my Trailblazer SS and that is where the best power was made. It probably could have been done with a couple trips to the hardware store, but I was anxious to get it going. Another day. But on the TBSS I was able to put the MAF and K&N filter in the stock airbox. This helped keep the MAF cooler. There isn't even close to enough room in the CTS-V airbox to even run a K&N style filter.

Twitch
07-28-08, 05:28 PM
That was my first attempt, to use the K&N tube with stock airbox. I couldn't get it to work. This is what I did on my Trailblazer SS and that is where the best power was made. It probably could have been done with a couple trips to the hardware store, but I was anxious to get it going. Another day. But on the TBSS I was able to put the MAF and K&N filter in the stock airbox. This helped keep the MAF cooler. There isn't even close to enough room in the CTS-V airbox to even run a K&N style filter.
That's probably your best bet. Find a tube, and leave evrything alone. :thumbsup: