: To the guy who left half of his rims on the curb

deedubb
07-28-08, 12:21 PM
Poor Bastard,

Your Black on Black CTS-V looked so nice and clean coming around the corner, gleaming in the sun. The whole crowd of people waiting in line for "The Dark Knight" turned as someone in the crowd pointed to your car. The staring got your attention and as you were caught up in the moment, your moment, you didn't see that curb jump out there and gobble up your rims. The scraping sound it made could be heard for blocks. The sound gave the feeling of fingernails down a chalkboard. Flooded with embarrasment, your reaction to drive off quickly just made the grinding sound much more loud and obvious and I'm sure was your only reaction to such a dire situation.

In closing, I hope that you didn't let it ruin your evening and we didn't laugh too hard. I'm sure they were only stockers anyway and I don't expect to see you at that shopping center anytime soon.

Sincerely,

Entertained By-stander.

Yep, that was me driving. :cursin: :owned2:

Anyone else done this before?

CTSV_510
07-28-08, 12:52 PM
:histeric:

I've never hit a curb :knock: before.

JimmyH
07-28-08, 01:00 PM
I have hit lots of curbs. But it was years ago in a Saturn, and I was trying to see if I could make the car spin.

Seattle CTS-V
07-28-08, 01:43 PM
I hit a curb in the Cayenne last week. Took a turn too sharp and the rear passenger wheel caught. I heard a terrible grind and the rear of the car actually jumped a little sideways. I didn't even stop to look - I kinda felt sick about it. The wheels are 22" TechArt Formulas. They run about $1300 a piece w/o tires. Of course, since I bought the car used I didn't have to shell out for them but it still didn't feel good. When I got home there was a 13" long scrape along the outermost bead by the tire. I threw up at that point. Oh well. Just money.

Netsloth
07-28-08, 02:06 PM
I have never known paranoia like the constant struggle I have now between my wheels and hateful curbs.

odla
07-28-08, 02:37 PM
sometimes i look like a girl who is trying to parallel park 3 times in the same spot. and thats with the stock wheels.

sleepys4
07-28-08, 02:44 PM
Its funny when I was reading the first post I thought you were talking about me. Same exact thing happened, except I left a little more than my wheel on the curve. Hopefully I will be getting the V back soon!

Civardi
07-28-08, 02:59 PM
Things like this make me love my 4Runner.

ctsv154
07-28-08, 03:18 PM
I kind of thought this was about me too until I saw were your were from! haha. I pull up to an inersection yesterday. This really hot chick pulls up to my right. As I maid my right turn I was to busy looking at the girl than were I was supposed to go and caught the curb pretty good with both right wheels but only the front got scratched. Perfect timming!!! lol

lollygagger8
07-28-08, 03:48 PM
I hit curbs all the time, with my 35's on my Jeep! ha

Sorry about your curb incident though....we've all done dumb shit on accident at one point or another.

deedubb
07-28-08, 03:57 PM
Yep, more reason for me to have them fixed and power coated black!

Civardi
07-28-08, 04:01 PM
Yep, more reason for me to have them fixed and power coated black!

So subconsciously you did it on purpose. :lildevil:

whisler151
07-28-08, 04:19 PM
I have never known paranoia like the constant struggle I have now between my wheels and hateful curbs.

No kidding.

OldRoadDawg
07-28-08, 04:34 PM
Well I'll feel for the guy.

Last fall a soccer mom in her van came at me in a shopping mall. The choices were to let her take the left side of the V out or.. zig right.

Caught a curb with the right rear chromed oem wheel. Big chunk out of it and my GSD3 sliced to the cords. :eek:

Meanwhile - she diasppeared into a sea of Christmas shoppers.

New tire, new wheel + chrome plating . $650 poorer.
Last time the V saw that shopping mall.

Keys8541
07-28-08, 05:30 PM
Hogan and Sons Goodyear Tire in Sterling Va took a chunk out of my rims when I replaced all four tires at $1,200. Of course they denied it and i was moving cross country the next day. It doesnt look like a curb rub but they tore my rim up, looks like they slipped with a tool and carved down into the rim about 8 inches, as well as a couple chunks out of the edge of the rim. So i feel for anyone whos got messed up rims. The tire company asked what I would end up doing if they didnt buy me a rim, This is the first part of me doing what I said.

AKA: dont go there!

Civardi
07-28-08, 07:50 PM
I had a place ruin all four wheels on my GTI with the wrong tool. They gave me the cost of new wheels from the VW dealer. The bad thing was I was trading the car in that day. So I took the check they gave me and added to my down. They never even noticed the wheels on the trade never even drove the car.

JonCR96Z
07-28-08, 08:03 PM
Hogan and Sons Goodyear Tire in Sterling Va took a chunk out of my rims

Is this a joke? I don't know what kind of person John was, but for some reason god laid some heavy shit on that kid.

pveomett
07-29-08, 09:26 AM
I bought the Wheel and Tire insurance for my new Jeep. It covers $1,000 for wheels and $400 for tires per claim. Hopefully I wont ever need it.

CIWS
07-29-08, 09:38 AM
Hogan and Sons Goodyear Tire in Sterling Va took a chunk out of my rims when I replaced all four tires at $1,200. Of course they denied it and i was moving cross country the next day.

Which is the reason I take picks of my wheels with a digital camera that date/times the shot right before I give the car to have any work done where they will touch them, and have the service advisor look them over beforehand to confirm their condition. It may be a bit anal, but gives me some evidence if something does happen. Digicams are cheap insurance.

I bought the Wheel and Tire insurance for my new Jeep. It covers $1,000 for wheels and $400 for tires per claim. Hopefully I wont ever need it.

I bought it through the dealership for the STS-V (499.00 for 4 years). I've already made one claim on a rear tire for a piece of metal that was near the sidewall. 460.00 @ Tirerack.