: 3m Clear Bra Fair Price?

cvettr/cts-v
07-28-08, 11:04 AM
I was wondering if $599.00 seemed like a fair price installed. The installer has had alot of praise and excellent feed back in multiple forums when i researched them. They are here in St. Louis and called Clear Solutions. I don't mind paying for a good job and even overpaying some for excellent quality. Does this price seem in line? Anyone here used them or someone else?
Thanks for any feedback.

Bigron
07-28-08, 11:09 AM
what is included in the kit you are getting?
Bumper, mirrors, hood?
How much of the hood is covered?

cvettr/cts-v
07-28-08, 11:29 AM
Bumper, mirrors, wrap around front quarters, as far up the hood as i want them to go. They said basically anything that can take a rock hit from the front.

CTSV_510
07-28-08, 11:32 AM
If you haven't had a bra on up to this point, what condition are these body pieces in, and are you going to have them repainted before you put the bra on? If they're already chipped up then I'd think about having them sprayed before spending $600 on a clear bra.

cvettr/cts-v
07-28-08, 12:08 PM
I told them before i would do it i would have their installer look at my car to see if he see's any reason to repaint before doing. I feel the front end is great now I do have 7100 miles on it though and he is the pro so i will defer to his judgement. If he were to say to repaint then i'd wait till i feel it needs repainting then get clear bra as soon as possible after that.

2004ctsv
07-28-08, 07:48 PM
I had mine done in March 2004 for $560 plus tax
Bumper, hood, fender, mirrrors, fogs and head lights
Xpel did the cut out of 3M material. Local guy installed it

Two weeks ago I got my first nick outside the plastic. The plastic has a bunch of marks if you look close.

rand49er
07-28-08, 09:54 PM
Full front bumper, headlights, fogs, hood (though not as much as Bigron's), mirrors, all four wheel arches, and rear bumper for $800 back in Feb '05 with about 500 miles on the clock.

BTW, you can see where several rocks have hit and marred the surface of the clear bra but the paint seems to still be good. Worth every penny, IMHO.

cvettr/cts-v
07-29-08, 12:39 PM
Ok. Thanks for the feedback all.

thebigjimsho
07-29-08, 12:52 PM
I had VentureShield installed at Venture Tape's HQ in Rockland, MA. That was for $475 and was everything in front but the headlights.

I had my Town Car done with VentureShield at an installer in my town and had everything in front, including headlights and a strip on the rear bumper for $500.