: new V owner - flowmasters for cts-v? also lowering question.

bryan24k
07-28-08, 12:11 AM
series 40 flowmasters with 4 inch stainless steel tips for a 2004 cts-v. what do you guys think? will this sound cheap or decent? how is this installed? direct bolt on? would a 1.6 drop in the front and a 1.2 drop in the back with eibach lowering springs get rid of all the space between the frame and the wheels? would this be too low? are the eibach springs any good? sorry about all the questions. i just purchased a new V and it's on its way next week. just want to get some basic mods ready to pimp it out! any advice would be appreciated.

Bueller
07-28-08, 12:53 AM
Search youtube for tons of exhaust vids. There is one or more on there with Flows.

I don't think you want to go that low on the eibachs, you can get a ground control kit that includes eibachs and is adjustable.

Twitch
07-28-08, 06:15 AM
If you lower the car, you'll need spacers for the rear shocks. Luke works with Nells, so he might be able to get a set for you.

Civardi
07-28-08, 04:39 PM
I put on an x-pipe with Flowmaster 44s and love the sound. Cost with 5" tips was $550. The shop welded it all up with the stock stainless piping. The Flowmasters do not hang as low as the factory mufflers so clearence should not be an issue.

bryan24k
07-28-08, 08:52 PM
lol sorry im new here and i need to respond to a pm about purchasing some springs. i am in a serious rush so if i had the time i would carefully read the posts and put up worthy replies. hope this is not a a big sin lol

JonCR96Z
07-28-08, 08:54 PM
Got a link for the springs?

urbanski
07-29-08, 09:16 AM
lol sorry im new here and i need to respond to a pm about purchasing some springs. i am in a serious rush so if i had the time i would carefully read the posts and put up worthy replies. hope this is not a a big sin lol

you should have read the rules for this site
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forum-rules-guidelines/127513-spamming-increase-your-post-count-enable.html