: B&B 3" Front Pipes

Bueller
07-27-08, 12:15 PM
I bought a used B&B but it came with front pipes that were fabbed for Kooks headers. :banghead:

I may do headers down the road, but I'm doing some Fstock Ax right now.

Does anyone have the std 3" pipes that connect the x-pipe to the stock cats that they want to sell? Also does the exhaust require a gasket at the cat connection? If so what does it look like? Thanks.

heavymetals
07-27-08, 01:02 PM
You can buy the connector pipes from B&B.

You will need gaskets and an adapter as the cat connection is 2.5" and the B&B is 3" diameter.

Furthermore, the stock connection fits into each other whereas the B&B is a flush mount.

My $.02?

Get the headers and cats and match the stuff up.

Bueller
07-27-08, 08:21 PM
Where do I get the adapter? I will call B&B tomorrow and see if they have it. I was just thinking I could possibly get the connector pipes for less from someone here.

heavymetals
07-28-08, 02:41 AM
Any good exhaust shop should be able to fab you up an adapter.

The caveat?

Probably won't be stainless.

Just a gasket, a flange with a pipe welded and bent and a clamp X2.

You have to have a mating flange that is 2.5".

Then you need to have the diameter of the pipe stretched out to 3".

CTSV_510
07-28-08, 10:05 AM
Sounds like a lot of work. Get the kooks headers and move on ...:sneaky:

Bueller
07-28-08, 11:40 AM
So does everyone on here with the B&B have this custom adapter with stock cats and manifolds? I thought most catbacks are simple bolt ons. Any Pics?

PISNUOFF
07-28-08, 02:41 PM
Sounds like too much work. You should just give up now and send me the X-Pipe.:bouncy::bouncy:

OldRoadDawg
07-28-08, 04:19 PM
So does everyone on here with the B&B have this custom adapter with stock cats and manifolds? I thought most catbacks are simple bolt ons. Any Pics?
Mine was a "simple" bolt-on, although the shop I had install it managed to screw it up by unthreading the cat flange studs, then re-installing them like a bolt, :banghead: cross-threading them in the process. Prime example of Murphy's Law.

I got new donut gaskets and flange studs from Luke @ Lindsay, drilled out the now sheared off studs, and ran a tap through the flange holes. Put the new studs in and slowly tightened the retaining nuts evenly and ... no leaks for 2 yrs.

Anyway..... the flange plate on the 3" B&B pipe draws up fine to the flange plate on the OEM cats.

My B&B is over 3 yrs old with a 'mini' resonator built into each header pipe before the actual resonator. I assume they are still building them now to the same dimensions, but I don't think they use the small resonator anymore in the head pipe.