: Hand Held Tuner Results

crankedupforit
07-27-08, 11:32 AM
Finally had my car tuned after installing headers and CAI. I went with the Diablo Sport Predator handheld, but had a custom tuner guy look it over and my intention was to tweak the canned tune that Diablo Sport was offering up. After 8 pulls and lots of dickin' around we could not come up with any better results from a custom tune than what came with the handheld. My objective was to make sure we didn't leave anything on the table by just using the canned program. Seems like those guys at Diablo Sport nailed it for me anyway. We used a Super-Flow eddy current dyno which is similar to a Mustang but about twice as expensive as I understand. I'll post the numbers I put up in a few days, because the printer crapped out, but it pulled 381rwhp
but the tuner said that was not typical. My LS6 could be a freek or the numbers are specific to that Dyno. The tune picked up 14rwhp over the base. I did not have a base without mods. I know that handhelds have a reputation for dumping fuel, but it was the stock programm that was dumping fuel at WOT (10 A/F). The handheld smoothed this out right away.

AlmostAV
07-27-08, 03:00 PM
Someones playing with dynos again.

crankedupforit
07-27-08, 07:14 PM
I hear you man. I'm gonna catch a ton of sh*t for this post. But....it is what it is I guess.

Mike

CTSV_510
07-27-08, 08:56 PM
I'll post the numbers I put up in a few days, because the printer crapped out, but it pulled 381rwhp
but the tuner said that was not typical. My LS6 could be a freek or the numbers are specific to that Dyno. The tune picked up 14rwhp over the base. I did not have a base without mods. I know that handhelds have a reputation for dumping fuel, but it was the stock programm that was dumping fuel at WOT (10 A/F). The handheld smoothed this out right away.

Interesting results. So you were pulling 367rwhp with headers, no tune and a 10:1 afr?

My car pulled 321rwhp with headers before being tuned (min afr was 12.2, avg 12.6) then pulled 369rwhp after the tune (min afr 12.7, avg 12.8).

crankedupforit
07-28-08, 10:16 AM
Interesting. Did you use the Diablo Sport tune? My 10AFR was at WOT. In the lower ranges it was actually throwing a lean bank 2 code. As far as the differences between us.......maybe it's the dyno?

CTSV_510
07-28-08, 10:27 AM
No, I have a custom dyno tune, but I think it's odd the difference between us with the stock tune. I'm sure the difference in the final results is in the dyno, but I'd like to see your graph when you get it anyway.

Naf
07-28-08, 12:23 PM
guys i would love to see watthe handheld changed in the tune...

I have my money on the MAF...

crankedupforit
07-28-08, 01:24 PM
No, I have a custom dyno tune, but I think it's odd the difference between us with the stock tune. I'm sure the difference in the final results is in the dyno, but I'd like to see your graph when you get it anyway.

Sure thing maybe I'll get them this week. I was a little surprised at your pre-tune numbers with headers. 320's is what usually bone stock motors put out according to most of the stuff reported on the forum. That being said, my pre tune numbers with headers are as high as some guys have reported after the tune. I did drive my car for a few weeks without getting it tuned. Perhaps the ECU learned and corrected some fuel tables. I know it threw a "lean bank " code and never could get rid of it until I put in the Diablo Sport tune.