: NAV Disc for international buyer

Naf
07-27-08, 04:13 AM
I need help with this...

GM basically is screwing us all in the middle east.

I bought a Nav unit for my Tahoe from Ebay just to find the disc it came with doesnt not suit the middle east, then i plugged in a Disc for the middle east and it wouldnt read it. MAP DVD not compadible...

Now i have a Nav in the V but does anyone know where i can get a disc that will allow me to see the roads in my end of the world? I checked the SAT coverage and i have some green so i am able to use the GPS...As of now the Nav has me somewhere in the US but not here...

Biggest Question is why did GM make differnet zones for the Navs? Honestly this ZONEs on DVDs are scams. its just a strategy for us to buy more dvds and dvd players...
Serious B!T$H treatment here...
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

odla
07-28-08, 06:58 AM
have you called customer service? they might help you

Naf
07-28-08, 07:52 AM
Been there and tried that...CS blew me off sayin that i am outside the intended zone in which this car is to be used. Local CS say they have to refer to US CS and i get a longer but similar answer.

So havin said that, GM Suck selfish dipsticks...

FYI the avalanche was just released here, we dont have any Trailblazer SS or Tahoe SS or Silverado SS Nor Pontiacs...Our Vehicle market is very limited and restricted...

Rey
07-28-08, 10:14 AM
There was discussion on a possible nav disc interchange with, as I recall, an Infiniti disc. Do a search on the subject. If there is a true interchange then Infiniti may have Middle East coverage. Then the next question is whether the main frame of your Cadillac GPS will read the Middle East sats. Frankly, I don't think the GM nav system is worth a pile of bird poop on its best day. It is very hard to load addresses onto the system. When I travel I carry a Magellan which has my address book. Finally, if the major GPS mfgs do not cover your area then it is very unlikely that any auto mfg will do so.

heavymetals
07-28-08, 12:23 PM
The nav dvd's are not compatible across platforms.

The CTS and the CTS-V will share the same disc but that is it.

Thank you Cadillac and the interns.

perfect
07-28-08, 01:47 PM
there are programs that will allow you to strip zone restrictions from DVD's.

You would have to rip the DVD to your computer and then use some software (DVD decrypter comes to mind) to strip the zone protection. Then re-burn the whole DVD again.

The only problem with this is that I'm positive the navigation disk we have isn't quite the same as a movie "DVD" and thus I'm not sure if you can use my software the same way.

Naf
07-29-08, 02:20 AM
there are programs that will allow you to strip zone restrictions from DVD's.

You would have to rip the DVD to your computer and then use some software (DVD decrypter comes to mind) to strip the zone protection. Then re-burn the whole DVD again.

The only problem with this is that I'm positive the navigation disk we have isn't quite the same as a movie "DVD" and thus I'm not sure if you can use my software the same way.

I would love the software for my bros tahoe..i installed the "defective" system in his car...

Naf
07-29-08, 02:22 AM
I checked out the DVDs for the CTS and well GM didint make them for the cars from 2004-2007 for my neck of the woods...The 08 has a new operation system so thats a no fly..