: How to set exit seat recall.

Cliff8928
07-26-08, 11:53 PM
I was looking through my owners manual and searching the forums to find the answer to this but came up empty handed. My navigation manual refers to a way to set the exit position that the seat will go in when you turn the car off. Unfortunately my screen does not have those buttons on the screen that are shown in the manual? What do I do to store the exit position, It's kinda annoying having the seat move forward when i get out.

rb92gt
07-27-08, 01:09 AM
It's an option under the "config" screen, then "personal settings" I believe. On my 2006, there was an update performed by the dealer making it soooo much easier, press "config" and the options are right there. Because of the update, I can't tell you exactly where it was before, but I can tell you it was overly complicated and took pressing several buttons.

Cliff8928
07-27-08, 03:29 AM
That's how my manual shows it, right there on the config screen. That's strange, It's like the software revision in the car is older than the manual.

Is this something that has to be updated by the dealer or is it also done with a new nav disc? (I have to call the nav disc number to get my update yet.)

sapien
07-27-08, 10:15 AM
VR button -> "set driver exit"

rb92gt
07-27-08, 12:45 PM
Unfortunately the dealer needs to install the update. Tell them you are having trouble with the personal settings and they will do it. Well worth it as the new config system is much more intuitive and saves time.

Maximln
07-27-08, 07:11 PM
Even without the update, you can still access the controls. You just have to go deeper into the menus. You also have to make sure that the "exit seat" feature is turned on for it to work after you set it. This setting is also in one of the menus, even without the update. I can't remember the exact location either since I already had mine updated as well.

Max

Cliff8928
07-28-08, 12:05 AM
The exit seat feature is turned on. What is the "VR button"?

rb92gt
07-28-08, 05:10 PM
VR= voice recognition. You should still be able to access controls through touch screen though.

Cliff8928
07-29-08, 01:21 AM
Man, I keep forgetting that the Voice Recognition works so good in the STS. It downright puts the XLR to shame.

rb92gt
07-29-08, 05:24 PM
Difficult to tell in text, but was that sarcasm Cliff? Mine is rather useless. I also grew up with a father who talked to himself and it drove me nuts, so I have a VR phobia.

Cliff8928
07-30-08, 01:11 AM
Oh no, no sarcasm there. The VR in the XLR is utter crap compared to the STS. You can only do very basic things in the XLR. There is no climate control adjustment, you can't tell it a radio station by number, etc..