: 87k & Bullet Proof !

DG2
07-26-08, 10:08 PM
It has been a while since I posted on this site but I thought i would chime in. My '05 STS4 V8 now has 87,000 ( metro NYC ) miles on it and I wanted all of you to know this car continues to amaze me. Without doubt it is the most dependable car I have ever owned ! Fit & finish look as good as the day I picked the STS up and it rides tight with no rattles added from wear & tear.

I plan on going to 200,000 miles before I go for my new Cadillac. By then I am hoping for the new ultra luxury top of the line model that replaces the STS & DTS.

Anyone thinking Cadillac or a GM product, trust me, BUY IT!!!

c5 rv
07-26-08, 11:28 PM
Great news. We don't hear enough of these.

The less positive among us may remind you of a similar conveyance written about by Dr. Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

justgreat
07-29-08, 12:37 PM
it's always heartening to see good reports about caddys'...do you use the ols for oil changes or are you on your own schedule?

jackg
06 sts6

STScaddyman65
08-02-08, 02:21 AM
It has been a while since I posted on this site but I thought i would chime in. My '05 STS4 V8 now has 87,000 ( metro NYC ) miles on it and I wanted all of you to know this car continues to amaze me. Without doubt it is the most dependable car I have ever owned ! Fit & finish look as good as the day I picked the STS up and it rides tight with no rattles added from wear & tear.

I plan on going to 200,000 miles before I go for my new Cadillac. By then I am hoping for the new ultra luxury top of the line model that replaces the STS & DTS.

Anyone thinking Cadillac or a GM product, trust me, BUY IT!!!

THIS IS WHAT I LOVE TO HEAR!!! :suflag:
AS a proud member of Lansing Grand River, this is exactly what all of the Team Members who build these Caddy's are trying to achieve.
QUALITY CREATES CUSTOMER ENTHUSIASM!!!!

I too, plan on putting 250,000 on my STS.
THANKS for Sharing!!!!
:thumbsup:

DG2
08-02-08, 06:56 AM
Nice to hear from a GM team member ! All of you deserve much praise for the work you do building cars that have now surpassed the German & Japanese in style, quality and the most important " fun to drive" factor. I should also let you know that you and your team members out did yourselves with the Buick Enclave my wife drives. That is the most beautiful SUV on the road and we literally get stopped by people everywhere we go. Another awesome product from your plant.

Keep up the great work over there !!!

DG2
08-02-08, 09:07 PM
it's always heartening to see good reports about caddys'...do you use the ols for oil changes or are you on your own schedule?

jackg
06 sts6

Yes, I do use the oil monitoring system in the STS and will change the oil when it reads 25 %. That tends to be around 7,500 miles or so. I service the STS at the Cadillac dealer and use the Mobil 1 oil. :thumbsup:

justgreat
08-05-08, 02:42 PM
i'm the opposite end of the spectrum, my sts has less than 9k on it. i go once a year back to the dealer and have the oil changed. i also use mobil 1..the amazing part is i still have over 40 % left on the ols but the owner's manual states that at least once a year, the oil needs to be changed.

jackg
06 sts6