: New Member---> Saying a big hello from Massachusetts to the Cadillac guys!

LBC
06-08-03, 12:16 PM
Hello cadillacforums.com!

Whats up? I just joined thease forums since I am in the market for a new Cadillac CTS, as of now im driving a Subaru WRX, but I need more of a taste of luxury, so the CTS should fit the bill for whats in my pricerange.

I have been in search of good dealerships, and the closest one to me is Baker Cadillac/Olds in Leominster, Massachusetts. I was wondering if anybody here has ever delt with them, ive heard exceptional things about them, but if anybody has delt with them first hand I would like to know your buying experience and how much you paid for your new caddy.

Thanks!

elwesso
06-08-03, 12:58 PM
Welcome aboard LBC!!!!! Thanks for signing up.......

The CTS is a great car, but you may also consider a used STS or eldo... just a suggestion (more luxuary, more power, whats a few extra miles :D )

You can always tell if a dealer is going to take care of you by just going in there and asking questions, and make it look like you are remotely interested....... Ask some "what if-s", and if it seems like they will go over the top for you, then they will probably be a keeper..... If they answer questions like "well I'd like to, but policy says we cant", chances are its not going to be a pleasant experience.......

BeelzeBob
06-08-03, 01:46 PM
Welcome aboard, LBC! And thank you for signing up.. If you're coming from a WRX, I can see how a CTS would be a perfect fit.. The STS or ETC (yes, it is more luxurious and faster) wouldn't be brand new like you want.. Let us know how you make out! We're interested...

LBC
06-08-03, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys! :)

I may wait untill next year to pick up a CTS considering there has been news for a V8 powered CTS coming out, Id like to see whats happening with that. I was highly anticipating that the the Holden Commodore SS would be coming to the states as a 2004 Chevrolet Impala SS, but it didnt :(, so that kind of killed off my dream.

I took a look at the Mercury Marauder, I did like it, somewhat, but it just looked too much like a police cruiser and just felt so, how can I put it.... A really ugly, overpriced, Crown Vic :) although it was comfortable.

Thats what drove me to the CTS, Price, Performance, Gorgeous modern musem like styling, Good fuel economy, luxorious, and the best part, PRICED RIGHT!

BUILDINGCTSAMG
06-08-03, 03:58 PM
LBC try to get a good deal on the 2004 cts but as far as the v8 the only thing coming out is the cts-v and it has 400hp. Itll be about $50,000 so you may not want to get your hopes up yet. But defn try to pull a 2004 as the engine has an extra 20-30 hp!

LBC
06-08-03, 06:41 PM
Erg, $50,000.... Ill pass on that one, I mean if what you say is true about the 2004 models having an extra 20-30HP to the V6, it will be worth the wait.:D

SoundAdvantage
06-09-03, 10:57 PM
Well Whatever you decide to buy i truly hope it's a Cadillac LBC, You really need to go test drive some different model caddy's so you can find out which one you like the best, I would find a good deal on a used ONE Owner if i were you and save alot of $$$
Best of luck to you and Welcome to the greatest site on the web!