: Pads and Rotors from Ebay...

ozdemir23
07-25-08, 08:44 PM
Hey all. I am in need of an all-around replacement of pads and rotors. Don't want/can't shell out the 1500 to be done by dealer. Someone is going to help (SkullV) to do the work, i just need to get the parts. Found this set on Ebay and need advice from everyone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-CTS-V-04-05-06-07-F-R-BRAKE-ROTORS-PADS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQihZ007QQite mZ170243288316QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Does anyone know anything about raceconcepts?

Need to do this soon. Thanks.

Oz

jerrad
07-25-08, 09:28 PM
I know it sounds like a noob question but make sure and ask them if it's a 6 lug rotor.

CTSV_510
07-25-08, 09:35 PM
Sorry, I don't know about those but what kind of pads are they giving you with those rotors? They just say semi-metallic low dust but don't specify brand.

darkman
07-25-08, 10:24 PM
I would look first to Lindsay Cadillac for rotors and pads for the V rather than experimenting with unbranded components on e-bay, but that's just me.

v10boost
07-25-08, 11:25 PM
maybe that pictures is just for show but that is not for V. it has 5 bolt holes per rotor. I think we need 6.

thebigjimsho
07-25-08, 11:30 PM
Hey all. I am in need of an all-around replacement of pads and rotors. Don't want/can't shell out the 1500 to be done by dealer. Someone is going to help (SkullV) to do the work, i just need to get the parts. Found this set on Ebay and need advice from everyone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-CTS-V-04-05-06-07-F-R-BRAKE-ROTORS-PADS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQihZ007QQite mZ170243288316QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Does anyone know anything about raceconcepts?

Need to do this soon. Thanks.

OzDid the dealer say you needed all around replacement? Because I'm willing to bet you don't need rear rotors at all. I'd recommend 2 front rotors from Lindsay and maybe new front pads. For about $300 you could get OEM GM rotors and HPS pads(I think). Then see if you need rear pads.

What kind of mileage and abuse does your V see??

Bigron
07-26-08, 12:54 AM
GM perfromance drilled rotors and Hawk pads are about 400 a set

thebigjimsho
07-26-08, 02:01 AM
Non-drilled is a bit cheaper, I believe...

ozdemir23
07-26-08, 08:40 PM
ok, i just logged in to check if anyone replied. THANKS. Here goes:

i took possession about 45 days ago and love it. abuse? well, its driven like a V should be around town, but on the highway it gets tested a little.

i have not taken it to the dealer yet.

i have whining brakes right now (indicator+spring clip for pads rubbing rotor) on the front. Rear looks pretty bad. Not scored, but just looks like it could use an all around pad+rotor replacement.

mileage=49545

not sure what pads they are supplying with the rotors.

i don't need slotted/drilled rotors. i am just looking to minimize my cash outlay, but don't really want to sacrifice the performance.

i want to minimize the dust also. can not stand the rims to be dust covered. thanks...

btw, anyone else in the northwest indiana region besides SkullV?

oz

CTSV_510
07-26-08, 09:01 PM
If you're replacing the rotors, I'd recommend you just go stay with stock ones. You should be able to get all 4 from Luke for about $400 + shipping.

If you won't be tracking the car much, go with the Hawk HPS pads - they dust less than the stockers. They'll be about $200 for front & rear.

If SkullV's going to help you install everything, you'll be in about $600 + beer and be good for another 40-50k miles.

thebigjimsho
07-26-08, 09:10 PM
ok, i just logged in to check if anyone replied. THANKS. Here goes:

i took possession about 45 days ago and love it. abuse? well, its driven like a V should be around town, but on the highway it gets tested a little.

i have not taken it to the dealer yet.

i have whining brakes right now (indicator+spring clip for pads rubbing rotor) on the front. Rear looks pretty bad. Not scored, but just looks like it could use an all around pad+rotor replacement.

mileage=49545

not sure what pads they are supplying with the rotors.

i don't need slotted/drilled rotors. i am just looking to minimize my cash outlay, but don't really want to sacrifice the performance.

i want to minimize the dust also. can not stand the rims to be dust covered. thanks...

btw, anyone else in the northwest indiana region besides SkullV?

ozI replaced my front rotors just before 50k miles. They only needed it because they saw a lot of track and autocross duty and started pulsing a bit. If they didn't, I'm sure they'd have gone much longer. Your rear rotors are fine. Sounds like your fronts may be, too.

Change pads first. That's it. It'll take a matter of minutes and then you'll know if you need rotors. But again, I can almost guarantee that your rears are fine. But, it's your money, do what you want.

ozdemir23
07-27-08, 10:41 AM
thanks guys. tomorrow morning i will be calling schepel (dealer) to make an appointment. i would like to wait for skullv to come back in the area from wisconsin but that's not for another 2.5 weeks. can't let this go on much longer.

as far as the rears needing/not needing to be replaced - you're right in that i don't know. one look by the tech's will be all i need. i will take all of the advice and not go with the ebay rotors and pads. i almost hit the buy it now button on friday afternoon, but thought better of it. THANKS!!!!!

BTW, here's a little math lesson: $600+beer < $1400 dealer cost to replace and install all 4 rotors and pads.

oz

SkullV
07-27-08, 01:46 PM
thanks guys. tomorrow morning i will be calling schepel (dealer) to make an appointment. i would like to wait for skullv to come back in the area from wisconsin but that's not for another 2.5 weeks. can't let this go on much longer.

as far as the rears needing/not needing to be replaced - you're right in that i don't know. one look by the tech's will be all i need. i will take all of the advice and not go with the ebay rotors and pads. i almost hit the buy it now button on friday afternoon, but thought better of it. THANKS!!!!!

BTW, here's a little math lesson: $600+beer < $1400 dealer cost to replace and install all 4 rotors and pads.

oz

Schepel is a GREAT dealer. I will ONLY let them touch my V (aside from Lindsay if I ever get the chance). Hopefully you get Mike as your service writer he is the best. They are a dealer though and they are a very expensive one at that. They have the most world class tech in the Midwest and they aren't afraid to let you know that through their prices. If you don't get a price you want from them I will still be willing to help you out when I get home.

ozdemir23
07-27-08, 03:49 PM
SkullV - That's exactly what i needed to hear. just found some residue near the rear - like oil that's been allowed to gum up and sit on the surface of what i think is a deflector/heat shield. i don't think my choice was a good one when i bought "this" car. should have had a tech come with me to check it out fully.

wife calling - gotta go!

thanks again ted.

peter simov
07-28-08, 12:01 AM
hey skull do u think they can put on my uuc mounts i got hedders will they care