: Pcm Change Help

07-25-08, 09:18 AM
Sorry guys, but i am changing my PCM and i know i have to remove the slash guard underneath. How do you remove the plastic pins holding it on??? :hmm:

07-25-08, 09:23 AM

07-25-08, 09:25 AM
Hope this helps

07-25-08, 09:25 AM
I just use a flathead screwdriver and pry up a bit on the top piece of the 2 part plastic clips then pull out the center and the 2nd piece (bottom) piece comes out with it.

07-25-08, 09:28 AM
If your talking about the plastic push pins, you just pry a flathead between the smaller pin and the bigger part and pull the middle part out

07-25-08, 09:46 AM
big freakin pliers and some muscle

Best Car Insurance (http://autoinsurances.wearecares.net) | Auto Protection Today (autoprotection.wearecares.net) | FREE Trade-In Quote (trade-in.wearecares.net)

The Tony Show
07-25-08, 09:59 AM
No need more muscle or prying- there is a slot molded into the "big" part of the two-part fastener. Slide a very small flathead into this slot and underneath the smaller of the two pieces, then lift the center piece. It will come about 75% of the way out and then stop- at this point you can remove the entire clip by pulling down on the large part.

07-25-08, 10:44 AM
Thanks guys.