: Need to extend the seat track for leg room

SuperVeee
07-25-08, 08:51 AM
I have a 2005 V that I just took to the good guys at Lindsay for some work. They gave me a regular CTS as a loaner and the first thing I notice about the new car is it has a lot more leg room since you can move the seat back further. With my long legs I felt cramped when I got my V back.

So is there a way to modify a stock seat/track so it moves a few inches further back on the track like the newer models? This would be really sweet for long trips.

LUVMY04V
07-25-08, 09:20 AM
I have a 2005 V that I just took to the good guys at Lindsay for some work. They gave me a regular CTS as a loaner and the first thing I notice about the new car is it has a lot more leg room since you can move the seat back further. With my long legs I felt cramped when I got my V back.

So is there a way to modify a stock seat/track so it moves a few inches further back on the track like the newer models? This would be really sweet for long trips.what are you like 6'7?? im 6'3 and i don't even have it all the way back:)

NormV
07-25-08, 09:53 AM
I like to extend my left leg on the highway and end up sticking the left foot up between the clutch and parking brake. Rather than pushing the seat back, extending yourself from the steering wheel and shifter, rotate the front of the seat bottom up. This will give you more leg room and keep you at the same distance to the controls. :)

Norm - who does have that problem anymore. :)

SuperVeee
07-25-08, 10:59 AM
I like to extend my left leg on the highway and end up sticking the left foot up between the clutch and parking brake. Rather than pushing the seat back, extending yourself from the steering wheel and shifter, rotate the front of the seat bottom up. This will give you more leg room and keep you at the same distance to the controls. :)

Norm - who does have that problem anymore. :)

Yeah I slide my left foot back there already as I learned to do that with my old VW -same cramped problem.

Have you sat in a new CTS yet and moved the seat back? If you are under 6 foot it would seem like another zip code but with my long chicken legs I love the room.