: Most HP & Torque w/stock rearend

VDiddy
07-25-08, 01:08 AM
OK... who holds the record without blowing up the diff?

By By C Ya
07-28-08, 02:20 PM
I don't know the record, but I've seen plenty of guys within the 450-475 rwhp range on a stock rearend. How long it will hold up is the next question.

qqik4u
07-28-08, 02:36 PM
486 rwhp until two weeks ago - diff went bye bye:banghead:

Twitch
07-28-08, 02:45 PM
OK... who holds the record without blowing up the diff?
To say that our diffs go because of too much HP, is like saying you buy playboy for the articles. :thepan:

486 rwhp until two weeks ago - diff went bye bye:banghead:
Details on the bye bye.

CTSV_510
07-28-08, 02:53 PM
Details on the bye bye.

+1 of that ^^^

This is the first I've heard of it.

Cowan480
07-28-08, 02:59 PM
495 orginal diff.

going on 7 days!! lol

qqik4u
07-28-08, 03:08 PM
A bit more info on the Diff bye bye ::

Driving my car home through my driveway notice spots - O I hope it is due to air conditioning being used, nope - parked the car 10 min later a puddle of diff fluid - O no - saw the diff being covered and dirty with oil. Took a deep breath and calm down called Luke / Bill at Lindsay and took the car in next morning - Bill cleaned it up and fixed the lead and took it for a test run came back and some more diff fluid - why he said?? cleaned and looked with more detail and saw a crack in the diff - Needs to be replaced - James from Lindsay hooked me up and now I have a new diff.

Question probably is what did I do - Was I flooring it, dropping into 2nd at high rpm, hard launch from dead stop - NO NONE OF THESE. Let's put it this way I am not having fun as much as I want to as everyother day something is going on and also my on-going F***ing Bucking problem that I have to resolve by taking it to the tune guy to see what is the problem.

Sorry guys this is the most I have typed in this forum - But I am frustrated a bit - I just want my baby back to its old self so I don't have to drive like a 80 year old.

For more tech info - Bill can chime in

PISNUOFF
07-28-08, 03:27 PM
Bucking = torque reversal. Torque reversal = bye, bye diff. Sorry to hear about your diff.

Twitch
07-28-08, 04:00 PM
Your lucky you can take it to Lyndsay. Hopefully it was the bucking thing that cracked it. And hopefully a tuner can fix it. Again, your in an area that people can point you in the right direction to get that done.
When/if I get a Maggie, I'm planning on using the stock Magnuson tune for a while.
Good luck with it Mick.

Tony

Speedogomer
07-28-08, 06:29 PM
In my experience, it's all about how you drive...

To a point that is. Once you get to enough HP, you're going to have some issues, something has to give.

2004ctsv
07-28-08, 07:37 PM
It's torque that does it
And how hard you apply it

With maggie, so far so good
No dyno but probably 425 - 440 rwhp, similar torque

Speedogomer
07-29-08, 07:35 PM
The TQ will def tear up the rear, but with moderation of the right foot, you can prolong the inevitable quite a while.

ochaole
07-30-08, 12:11 AM
just over 500 rwhp ,,,for about a year now,,,,no probs with the stock diff,,,,but i do baby it out of the hole....

Naf
07-30-08, 03:45 AM
Unless there is water or any slippery substance on the road i easy it out of the hole in first till i am in motion, then i WHAM the throttle down till i smoke the adversary whom thinks i am drivin a watabago...

9 days and countin till the mustang dyno is ready for me...Then i will know my numbers...

qqik4u
07-30-08, 10:47 AM
Unless there is water or any slippery substance on the road i easy it out of the hole in first till i am in motion, then i WHAM the throttle down till i smoke the adversary whom thinks i am drivin a watabago...

9 days and countin till the mustang dyno is ready for me...Then i will know my numbers...

Yeah - by that time all the frekin AMG's are gone. Hate that part.

Scatillac
07-30-08, 11:52 AM
A very mild 469.2/444 for over a year and no problems............But I'm not a drag racer.

csp3000
07-30-08, 12:02 PM
500rwhp and 475rwtq.... Diff went :wavehi: last weekend filming the tribute vid for my V.