: please help!! Just bought a 2005 cts-v- clunk between 1-2 shift dieseling at shut off

tone-tone
07-24-08, 10:05 PM
Just bought a 2005 cts-v and noticing problems. A clunk when I shift from 1st to 2nd and when I turn off the car it diesels a little bit. (and I do use good gas) Brought it in to the dealer and their answer was that "Their new 2007 did the same thing so they are not problems" What a fix huh? Can anybody lead me in the right direction to get these problems fix--I expected a quality car but I am scared I bought a fast piece of crap--I really hope this is not the case---it sure is fast though!!

CTSV_510
07-24-08, 10:27 PM
:welcome: to the club.

The "dieseling" could be a shot motor mount which is very common and the clunk is probably a worn differential bushing. Tell them to look at those things specifically. Do a search and you'll find lots of others have had these issues too.

tone-tone
07-24-08, 10:29 PM
Thanks I will be back their tomorrow!!

type911
07-24-08, 11:36 PM
Welcome. Pics of the v when you can. And yeah, what he said.

Twitch
07-25-08, 09:18 AM
I'm sure its the motor mounts. Probably the front diff bushing also. When you get the clunk between 1st n 2nd, is it at high RPM? I had bad MMs and I would get a bang between hard shifts. That was the engine settling back into place.
BTW lets not get into the "piece of crap" stuff just yet. Remember, you bought a used muscle car. Dealing with some issues comes with that.
Not really trying to get on your case. Just that some people buy this car for the wrong reasons, then start bitching about it.
If you love the V for what she is, you wont mind her occasional mood swings. ;)
Good luck with it.

Tony