: HUD and ACC

pottyscotty
07-24-08, 01:14 PM
Everyone keeps talking about HUD and ACC, I have no clue what either of them are and how do I know if the car I'm thinking of buying has either of them?

Thanks

LuvMyV8
07-24-08, 02:13 PM
If I'm not mistaken, HUD - Heads Up Display (shows on the windshield), ACC - Adaptive Cruise Control (adjusts for the speed of traffic in front of you). My car doesn't have either one, so my descriptions may be slightly off.

tomm
07-24-08, 02:51 PM
Yes, Heads up display will show your speed, navigation directions, signals, climate control changes, etc. right on your windshield.

Adaptive Cruise Control is cruise control taken to the next level. Not only will it adjust your speed to your setting but it will control your brakes to slow you down if someone moves in front of you. Based on your setting of car lenghts (I use 2-3) once a slow car moves safely ahead of you it will increase your speed back to your setting.

They are sold together and I use both all the time and love the feature.

LLCoolJson
07-26-08, 12:07 AM
I agree with Tomm.......both feature are very nice....had HUD in my last couple of cars and loved it...but the caddy's is so much better than my GTP's...the nav part of the HUD is awesome.....if you can get them ...do it

Benjamin Simon
07-27-08, 01:56 PM
I did not consider a STS that did not have the HUD.

Bro-Ham-Detroit
07-29-08, 03:55 PM
i just got an '06 with both and it is well worth it. get them if you can!

northlites
08-08-08, 05:23 PM
HUD is more properly pronounced Head Up Display.
There's no S in Head. Makes more sense too.
:rolleyes:

themightymezzo
08-11-08, 09:00 AM
Yeah wish I had looked more into it to get this feature before purchasing my STS. Live and learn I guess. It's probably something impossible to add as well so I guess I'll have to wait till my next purchase. :-(