: Caddie ROCKED at Pocono

Twitch
07-24-08, 12:44 PM
Went to the PDA Pocono event Sunday. Even I was impressed with the V.
Two good things about PDA. Every novice has an instructor and they let you get up to speed right away. No follow the leader for a full session.
My group had a few Vettes, Shelby GT500, Lotus, Porsche 911 Turbo and some others. Third lap of the day, a G35 blows an engine (big time) right in front of me, in turn one. Had to take it easy the next few laps.
The last session was the best. My instructor signed me off to go solo. And, if at the same track, recomended I move up to HPDE2. They ran my HPDE1/2 together, so it got a little crowded.
I was able to pass most of the cars in the long straights (including a couple C5 Vettes:p). Only the 911 turbo and C6 Z06 pulled on me. But I was surprised at how much ground the V made up going into the Nascar high speed turns. On the infield, everybody was just holding me up.
It was a great day. I really fell good about what this car can do. :D

Tony

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j177/Gxxr1/untitled2.jpg

CTSV_510
07-24-08, 01:04 PM
How did the ground control work out for you compared to pre-ground control?

Twitch
07-24-08, 01:35 PM
How did the ground control work out for you compared to pre-ground control?
The car felt more planted in the turns. I was able to get on the gas sooner and harder than at Summit. I was surprised that I gained on the 911 in turn one. He was doing ok, but the V was on railes.
To be honest, the specter bushings made the most noticable difference in everyday driving. They really tighten up the rear. I would recomend getting them first. Everything else is probably just for the track.

Tony

rand49er
07-24-08, 02:18 PM
Sounds like a great time, Tony! :thumbsup:

It ALSO sounds like you're about to turn into a track junkie. One or two more samplings, and you'll be hooked! :yup:

BTW, where are you going next?

Twitch
07-24-08, 02:45 PM
Sounds like a great time, Tony! :thumbsup:

It ALSO sounds like you're about to turn into a track junkie. One or two more samplings, and you'll be hooked! :yup:

BTW, where are you going next?
First the Maggie, now this?!! You like to push people, dont you? lol
My next track day shouldn't be till V-day II. This gets expensive :crying:
The funny thing is, that this makes it harder to justify a Maggie. I know I dont need it for the track. It would have been nice to stick it to that guy in the Z06 (who seemed to be driving with an ego). But I'm not concerned with "top speed" just yet. And I know I'll get more speed with the "driver mod" anyway.
ITS FRIGGIN ADDICTING :D

thebigjimsho
07-24-08, 03:23 PM
Went to the PDA Pocono event Sunday. Even I was impressed with the V.
Two good things about PDA. Every novice has an instructor and they let you get up to speed right away. No follow the leader for a full session.
My group had a few Vettes, Shelby GT500, Lotus, Porsche 911 Turbo and some others. Third lap of the day, a G35 blows an engine (big time) right in front of me, in turn one. Had to take it easy the next few laps.
The last session was the best. My instructor signed me off to go solo. And, if at the same track, recomended I move up to HPDE2. They ran my HPDE1/2 together, so it got a little crowded.
I was able to pass most of the cars in the long straights (including a couple C5 Vettes:p). Only the 911 turbo and C6 Z06 pulled on me. But I was surprised at how much ground the V made up going into the Nascar high speed turns. On the infield, everybody was just holding me up.
It was a great day. I really fell good about what this car can do. :D

Tony

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j177/Gxxr1/untitled2.jpgYou going to buy anything from TrackTime Photos? After NHMS, I bought the cd with all pictures. May be a little expensive but is very well done...

Twitch
07-24-08, 04:23 PM
You going to buy anything from TrackTime Photos? After NHMS, I bought the cd with all pictures. May be a little expensive but is very well done...
Not sure about the whole CD. They didn't take too many pics, and they're pretty much all the same. Maybe I'll buy one or two.

sefa01
07-24-08, 05:41 PM
Tony:

It was good seeing you at Pocono and I'm also looking forward to V-Day II. While I'm done the long course in the V and it's lots of fun, it's tough to resist bringing the C6 Z06 and touching 175 on the back straight. Moving up means that the next time you run with PDA you'll be able to drive solo.

As I told you at the track, without the Maggie you'll be able to get to 147-148 on the back straight. With my Maggie, I've hit 165.

I'll be at NJ Motorsports Aug. 5-6, Watkins Glen Sept. 15-16 and then the new private Monticello (where Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Seinfeld are members) with PDA on Sept. 26 before winding up the season with V-Day II. I greatly enjoyed V-Day I, but doing the main track--hopefully with better weather--should make this day sensational.

Twitch
07-24-08, 06:03 PM
Tony:

It was good seeing you at Pocono and I'm also looking forward to V-Day II. While I'm done the long course in the V and it's lots of fun, it's tough to resist bringing the C6 Z06 and touching 175 on the back straight. Moving up means that the next time you run with PDA you'll be able to drive solo.

As I told you at the track, without the Maggie you'll be able to get to 147-148 on the back straight. With my Maggie, I've hit 165.

I'll be at NJ Motorsports Aug. 5-6, Watkins Glen Sept. 15-16 and then the new private Monticello (where Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Seinfeld are members) with PDA on Sept. 26 before winding up the season with V-Day II. I greatly enjoyed V-Day I, but doing the main track--hopefully with better weather--should make this day sensational.
Talk about track day junkie. ;) I don't even wanna know your brake and tire budget. :crying2:
Have fun Steve, Ill see you in October.

Tony

thebigjimsho
07-24-08, 06:41 PM
Tony:

I'll be at NJ Motorsports Aug. 5-6, Watkins Glen Sept. 15-16 and then the new private Monticello (where Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Seinfeld are members) with PDA on Sept. 26 before winding up the season with V-Day II. I greatly enjoyed V-Day I, but doing the main track--hopefully with better weather--should make this day sensational.While I think for budget's sake I'm staying off track in August, that Sept date at Monticello is something I'm gunning for...

Too bad they won't run the full track...

CadzillaTN
07-24-08, 11:05 PM
this is a stupid noob question but why do they not open the full oval on these tracks? I noticed the same thing in Nashville. They could do a half lap but then had to cut on a road type track through the middle. Would people just get going too fast and put themselves in the wall?

atdeneve
07-25-08, 06:55 AM
Going round and round in a circle for twenty minutes or so is gonna get boring after the first few minutes. Most people are gonna want some transitional turns that actually engages the driver. Otherwise, I ain't forkin over a couple hundred dollars per day to just mat the throttle and look at scenery go by.

I wouldn't mind a couple laps, but I wouldn't want to waste the whole day doin that.

Twitch
07-25-08, 06:55 AM
this is a stupid noob question but why do they not open the full oval on these tracks? I noticed the same thing in Nashville. They could do a half lap but then had to cut on a road type track through the middle. Would people just get going too fast and put themselves in the wall?
That would get so boring. To me, its not really "driving". I love the challenge of going left, right, slamming the brakes and downshifting, different corners......the list goes on. :D
On this track, we had a little bit of everything. It was nice to just floor it, and pass a C5 in the straight. But it was more rewarding to make up 15-20 car lengths, on the 911 turbo, in thurn one. :lildevil:

Tony

SuperVeee
07-25-08, 09:03 AM
Going round and round in a circle for twenty minutes or so is gonna get boring after the first few minutes. Most people are gonna want some transitional turns that actually engages the driver. Otherwise, I ain't forkin over a couple hundred dollars per day to just mat the throttle and look at scenery go by.

I wouldn't mind a couple laps, but I wouldn't want to waste the whole day doin that.

If you want the whole enchilada try VIR. They have plenty of left and right turns with elevation changes on a big track.

CIWS
07-25-08, 09:06 AM
Nice Twitch, sounds like you had a good time and made a fair showing for the :v:

Twitch
07-25-08, 09:14 AM
Nice Twitch, sounds like you had a good time and made a fair showing for the :v:
Thanks.
The guy in the Shelby GT500 was parked near me. He couldn't believe how quick the V is. Needless to say, I had no problem getting a point-by from him.