: Any info on shift improvement kit for 4T80E?

Gary00SLS
06-09-04, 01:10 PM
:hmm: Is there one for it? Would you?
Mine is a 2000 SLS with 107,700 miles on it.

32V_DOHC
06-09-04, 01:31 PM
Don't know of one but its a bad idea.

The 4T80E is an adaptive trans. The PCM manages shift quality. If you add a shift kit to make it shift faster/harder the PCM will sense this and back the pressure down. The value the torque signal is reduced is a constant number for that gear. So when you drive around town it takes out pressure and then after that when you step on it the trans will slip at WOT (Ask me how I know :banghead: )

HTH

John

eldorado1
06-09-04, 01:32 PM
I don't think they make one for the 4t80e? Although you can always cut the wire going to the fluid pressure solenoid... That'd give you really firm shifts :lildevil:

nar472
06-11-04, 02:45 PM
I fixed my transmission woes by getting a superchip it works with the computor to make the time decrease between one band engaging and the other disenganging from gear to gear thus a tighter shift.It will also extend the life of the transmission because there is less wear.Basicaly it does the same thing as a shift kit only through the computor. It gives you more power and torque as well:cool: .If you go to superchips web sight www.superchips.com (http://www.superchips.com) e-mail them with your year and model, they will tell you which chip you need.Hope this helps.

p.s. My car was limited to 115 m.p.h it is not any more:lildevil:

Gary00SLS
06-13-04, 01:49 AM
"All Cadillac cars 1996-2003" "Not Available"