: What bushings to replace to make drivetrain feel like a Cadillac again?

By By C Ya
07-23-08, 03:02 PM
Could you guys tell me what drivetrain bushings to replace to make my Caddy feel like a Caddy again. It clunks when the clutch is depressed and everything feels loose. Thanks in advance.

ctsv154
07-23-08, 03:21 PM
pinion bushing, motor mounts, shifter, and shifter bushings and everything should feel good again.

rb1
07-24-08, 12:43 PM
Pinion Bushing? I thought the only one that needed to be replaced was the from diff suppt bushing. What does it look like?

Twitch
07-24-08, 04:03 PM
Pinion Bushing? I thought the only one that needed to be replaced was the from diff suppt bushing. What does it look like?
I think your both talking about the same thing.
In my experience, the front diff bushing and the motor mounts make a huge difference.

jerrad
07-24-08, 05:06 PM
I think cadillac used marshmallows through the whole drive train. 1 bag should do it.

ctsv154
07-24-08, 06:03 PM
Yeah the front diff bushing is what I was talking about by pinion bushing. I can tell you right now though, even new stock motor mounts are just compared to the uuc mounts.

Twitch
07-24-08, 06:21 PM
even new stock motor mounts are just compared to the uuc mounts.
:confused:

ctsv154
07-24-08, 11:31 PM
:confused:

Sorry, meant to say junk.

Twitch
07-25-08, 09:01 AM
Sorry, meant to say junk.
Oh
Just had both mounts done last week. The car feels great, but I'll see how long they last.
The only reason I didn't get the UUC (yet) was cuz the warranty. I have a couple projects going on now. Seems like too much work just for the motor mounts. I'll do the upgrade at some piont, but its easier to let the dealer do it for free right now.