: Wierd pulsating shutter....

AlmostAV
07-22-08, 08:18 PM
When idleing, Ive noticed a distinct pulsating shutter that feels like its coming from the engine. Any ideas what this could be? It almost feels like a intermittent vibration, but with no noise, just a feeling in the seat...

Seattle CTS-V
07-22-08, 09:27 PM
Broken motor mount.

jerrad
07-22-08, 09:31 PM
might check plugs/wires.

AlmostAV
07-22-08, 09:58 PM
Thanks, ill get a-checkin....

The Tony Show
07-22-08, 10:33 PM
When idleing, Ive noticed a distinct pulsating shutter that feels like its coming from the engine. Any ideas what this could be? It almost feels like a intermittent vibration, but with no noise, just a feeling in the seat...

That's the horsepower trapped in your engine. Best way to release it is by pressing firmly on the pedal farthest to the right in the driver's side footwell.

1Sonterra
07-22-08, 11:03 PM
That's the horsepower trapped in your engine. Best way to release it is by pressing firmly on the pedal farthest to the right in the driver's side footwell.

Nice.....like the straight forward approach to solving all issues! :thumbsup:

AlmostAV
07-23-08, 05:06 PM
This could be a serious issue....I dont think

that is the answer here.

RunningOnEMT
07-23-08, 05:13 PM
if its just an intermittant little shudder its the cam... even stock they'll shimmy a bit sitting at a stoplight...

The Tony Show
07-23-08, 05:31 PM
This could be a serious issue....I dont think

that is the answer here.

Come on, man- I'm just goofing with you. If it was that serious it would throw a code or be running crappy.

It's probably a motor mount or trans mount like Seattle suggested.

stuckey
07-23-08, 06:16 PM
I would suggest plugs and wires, motor mount, or nothing it could very well be the cam.

AlmostAV
07-23-08, 07:17 PM
alright it's cool, i was just finding it odd you were making light of possibly a messed up engine....

but it seems like everyone agrees its mount related

coolcaddy1
07-23-08, 11:09 PM
check to see if there is dirt stuck to an oil mess under one of the motor mounts. Mounts are oil impregnated and if it broke you should be able to see the oil leaked out.

PISNUOFF
07-24-08, 01:00 AM
if its just an intermittant little shudder its the cam... even stock they'll shimmy a bit sitting at a stoplight...

:yeah:

Kmajecki
07-24-08, 02:09 PM
I'd guess motor mounts too, especially since you aren't throwing codes.

I drove through some deep water once and apparently my hot flywheel didnt enjoy that. Warped it, and it caused vibration. Drive throw any deep water lately?

streetside1
07-24-08, 03:45 PM
I have a similar shudder and I believe it is the motor mounts. I am waiting for my dealer to tell me if they can install the UCC mounts if I pay the difference in price vs. stock. (I am under warranty)

Hopefully that will correct the issue...