: Dealer wants it for at least 2 weeks!!!!!!

PISNUOFF
07-22-08, 08:00 PM
Reverse lockout solenoid went a couple weeks ago. Replaced that and still can barely get it into reverse. I'm betting that the bad solenoid lead to the sychro going bad. Dealer says they'll tear it apart and see what's wrong and they'll need it for at least 2 weeks with ordering parts and such. I'm going to wait until winter, when I won't be driving it anyhow. Unless Luke can/will change the whole trans for me??????

NormV
07-23-08, 02:12 AM
Surprised your dealer let you bring that one in there the way it sounds. :)

Norm

Reverse lockout solenoid went a couple weeks ago. Replaced that and still can barely get it into reverse. I'm betting that the bad solenoid lead to the sychro going bad. Dealer says they'll tear it apart and see what's wrong and they'll need it for at least 2 weeks with ordering parts and such. I'm going to wait until winter, when I won't be driving it anyhow. Unless Luke can/will change the whole trans for me??????

stuckey
07-23-08, 02:40 AM
I have a friend having the same issue with an 01 SS Camaro. Everything u said to the "T" as a matter of fact. Our small town Chevy dealership isn't much help either. Let me know how this turns out for you. You literally have to 2 hand his shifter to get it to reverse.

PISNUOFF
07-23-08, 03:48 AM
Surprised your dealer let you bring that one in there the way it sounds. :)

Norm

They have never seen another one so they don't know any better. I turn the idle up and add some timing around the idle area before I bring it in and most of the cam lope is subdued. They think I only have aftermarket exhaust.:cookoo: