: Any update/info on pricing?

charheep
07-22-08, 05:03 PM
Now that the Camaro info has been released, I was wondering if we have a date to wait for to hear pricing on the V? I think my nerves have calmed down from the Camaro info enough, and would like to set a date and time to wait for pricing information on the V. Does anyone know when the final pricing is going to be released? I am torn between the Camaro and the V, and pricing would help me plan. Any dates that we can expect more info?

Thanks.

Cadillac Tony
07-22-08, 05:12 PM
Just checked my Ordering guide:

Nope. :(

charheep
07-22-08, 05:20 PM
Thanks Tony.

If the V's are planned to be on the lots in Nov(??), what is your estimated guess on when pricing should be released?

For example, if a new car comes out 3 months, is the full pricing info (base price, options) made available 2 months prior? 1 month prior? What is the usual timeline?

Just your gut feeling on this one.

Cadillac Tony
07-22-08, 05:30 PM
Production of salable units starts the week of October 20th, which is only 90 days away. Quite frankly, I'm surprised they haven't told us yet. I can't imagine it will be much longer before an announcement is made.

noelvm
07-22-08, 07:01 PM
I was in my dealership Monday and they told me that ordering for the V had been pushed back to September. Given that it is highly unlikely that the cars will arrive in November.

noelvm

jimbo1320
07-22-08, 11:12 PM
The sales rep at my dealership thinks the pricing will be in the $70's, about $10k more than most of us were hopeing for. I still want to believe I will be able to get one with options for around $68k, wow!

Kadonny
07-23-08, 08:27 AM
The sales rep at my dealership thinks the pricing will be in the $70's, about $10k more than most of us were hopeing for. I still want to believe I will be able to get one with options for around $68k, wow!

That's crap, your dealer is probably telling you that since he wants to add 10k on top of the sticker.

I've been saying this as has Tony (Tony, correct me if I'm wrong) that the base price will be low 60's with a fully optioned car in the mid to high 60's. I'm saying base price of $ 61 with options totalling $66.

jimbo1320
07-23-08, 08:51 AM
I hope your correct. My budget is not to exceed $68k.

Cadillac Tony
07-23-08, 09:28 AM
I was in my dealership Monday and they told me that ordering for the V had been pushed back to September. Given that it is highly unlikely that the cars will arrive in November.

noelvm

My 2004 CTS-V was produced on 2/10/2004, and arrived at my Dealership on 2/21/2004. With production scheduled for the week of October 20th, I see no reason why cars won't be in Dealerships by November.

GNSCOTT
07-23-08, 07:18 PM
There is no rule of thumb time frame for a price release. ZR1 pricing has been out about a month or less and the car is now in production. I have a feeling GM will wait until the last minute. Hopefully they do a low base price and whack you on the options to keep it in a low $60k base price.

Jpjr
07-23-08, 07:35 PM
There is no rule of thumb time frame for a price release. ZR1 pricing has been out about a month or less and the car is now in production. I have a feeling GM will wait until the last minute. Hopefully they do a low base price and whack you on the options to keep it in a low $60k base price.

Yes. Keep in mind that GM has been repricing cars, most recently the G8 (no longer 400hp under 30 grand ;), due to changing market conditions. They probbaly are watching margin and do not want to price the car until closer to production.

Rich H
07-30-08, 09:26 PM
Car & Driver's Sept issue is estimating a base price of ~ $60k excluding gas guzzler tax... these seems low to me and, if true, makes me wonder how GM is going to recoup their development costs. This is particularly for the supercharged engine and "bullet-proof" drivetrain. I would think that simply a radical redesign of the car's exterior and interior would eat up most of the added $10K. So expect a stripped down car at that base price IMO.

CVP33
07-30-08, 09:51 PM
Strong rumors that the R&D cost for the revised rear differential and suspension added $10,000 to the msrp. :lildevil:

Rich H
07-30-08, 10:04 PM
Strong rumors that the R&D cost for the revised rear differential and suspension added $10,000 to the msrp. :lildevil:

Then add $20K total for AWD... IF we ever see it?

V-Love
07-30-08, 10:59 PM
My 2004 CTS-V was produced on 2/10/2004, and arrived at my Dealership on 2/21/2004. With production scheduled for the week of October 20th, I see no reason why cars won't be in Dealerships by November.

2/10 is my birthday too. You got a good one.

ctsvflorida
08-06-08, 10:08 PM
That's crap, your dealer is probably telling you that since he wants to add 10k on top of the sticker.

I've been saying this as has Tony (Tony, correct me if I'm wrong) that the base price will be low 60's with a fully optioned car in the mid to high 60's. I'm saying base price of $ 61 with options totalling $66.

I would strongly figure for $20k over sticker as those Chargers brought upwards of $15k over sticker! No offense to the Dodge but this Caddy is HEADS AND TAILS above that 'thing'! The V is going to be the Daddy of Daddies, so make no mistake about it, if you want one anytime before March 09 then plan to dig really deep into your pocket! I am not even sure that Tony could get one at sticker anytime soon! but I will let him answer that!

By the way, hope all has been well with you Tony! I will have one of those new V's as soon as they come down in price to reality...which I don't see happening anytime soon!

RightTurn
08-06-08, 10:26 PM
Well, well...look who's back. :wave:

Bluhair
08-07-08, 06:34 AM
I signed a deal for MSRP, with a grand down.

If they don't give me MSRP, I walk.

CIWS
08-07-08, 07:19 AM
I signed a deal for MSRP, with a grand down.

If they don't give me MSRP, I walk.

Which I don't blame you, and would also do the same. But they'll sell that car anyway. Are you paying MSRP for your GT-R ? A guy down here got his last week, but he paid 10K over.

Bluhair
08-08-08, 06:06 AM
I got my GTR, for MSRP. Probably won't be till October/November, before I can take delivery.

I could have paid 10K over, and picked it up yesterday. Oh well, at least I saved 10 grand.

Jpjr
08-08-08, 11:01 AM
Which I don't blame you, and would also do the same. But they'll sell that car anyway. Are you paying MSRP for your GT-R ? A guy down here got his last week, but he paid 10K over.

Paying over MSRP is a fools game for the new V. I have talked to multiple dealers and not one of them has attempted to justify that. This car is niche but they will build as many as they can sell and the sticker is not overly agressive.

Davidstan
08-08-08, 08:52 PM
Well known dealer to me told me today 75k incl gas tax for fully optioned one this fall. Oh well.

Bluhair
08-09-08, 06:30 AM
My dealer told me took expect 66-68K. I know this man very well. My grandmother buys a new car from him every two years.

On the other hand, I'd probably go 75K, if that was the MSRP.

lunarx
08-18-08, 03:28 PM
I got my GTR, for MSRP. Probably won't be till October/November, before I can take delivery.

I could have paid 10K over, and picked it up yesterday. Oh well, at least I saved 10 grand.

What is MSRP for the GTR?

buf05CTSV
08-20-08, 05:53 PM
What is MSRP for the GTR?

It's technically $70,000... but here you can't get one for under $100,000

RightTurn
08-20-08, 07:59 PM
Well known dealer to me told me today 75k incl gas tax for fully optioned one this fall. Oh well.

My dealer told me took expect 66-68K.

My dealer told me he has no effing idea. :alchi: Your mileage may vary.

louiefl99
08-23-08, 04:55 PM
According to the September 2008 Motor Trend "New Car Buyer's Guide" article, the CTS-V Base Price is $62,775* (*estimated, of course).

vperl
08-24-08, 11:36 PM
Talked to a Portland, OR salesman today, he replied about pricing that it would be a tad over 80K....
I told him I could outwait everyone and even wait till they sell them by court order on the tax court.
GM, I hope wants to sell as many as they can build, does anyone know how many they are going to build in '09 ?

Cadillac Tony
08-25-08, 09:38 AM
It won't be over $80k. I believe that the planned production is somewhere in the vicinity of 7,000 units, but that is flexible based on demand.

Krug Ford
08-25-08, 10:35 AM
I will seel them for MSRP..

Jpjr
08-25-08, 10:43 AM
It won't be over $80k. I believe that the planned production is somewhere in the vicinity of 7,000 units, but that is flexible based on demand.

Agreed, pricing through the STS-V would be the worst thing they could do.

$62k well equipped would be a home run in my opinion and their best balance of volume and margin. Maybe I'm being selfish, but then again maybe I have some very good alternatives at $60k.

At $70k, they are close to pricing out the M3 buyers. I hate to rekindle the flames, but pound for pound there is still more new technology in the M3 drivetrain than the V2. (The interior and overall appeal of the V2 wins out handily in my opinion however)

Cadillac Tony
08-25-08, 11:22 AM
Anyone who would buy a slower car with less features because it has more "technology" in the drivetrain is a brand snob. I don't care if the CTS-V has 8 gerbils under the hood chasing celery on a stick- it will soundly outperform the smaller, comparably priced M3 AND the comparably sized and overpriced M5.

It's all about results, baby. :)

Greg*
08-26-08, 07:26 AM
Found this little blurb on the USA Today site.

Cadillac CTS-V. The new $60,000 performance version of Caddy's popular sedan will have a 6.2-liter, 556-horsepower V-8 when it goes on sale in two months.

Article (http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2008-08-25-V-8_N.htm)

thefly
08-26-08, 10:26 AM
Anyone who would buy a slower car with less features because it has more "technology" in the drivetrain is a brand snob. I don't care if the CTS-V has 8 gerbils under the hood chasing celery on a stick- it will soundly outperform the smaller, comparably priced M3 AND the comparably sized and overpriced M5.

how am i a brand snob??? i have owned almost exclusively american cars, and the m3 i just bought was my first bmw. for me it was just the drivetrain, the CTS-V is faster, but it wasn't the right car for me. I have no doubt it is a great car, but it wasn't good fit.

here were the things i didn't like about the new v.

1. the auto tranny (yes i could get another 6 speed, but the wife occasionally drives the car, and she is not as comfortable with a 6 speed)

2. i feel they cheaped out on the engine internals
* no dry sump
* no forged internals (don't need the tricked out valves, but at least forge the pistons)

3. the WEIGHT (a huge factor for me), it is a heavy car and so is the M5.

now i made compromises on the m3, obviously in torque, but it has several qualities the CTS-V lacks and the same can be said about the M models. Driven the new double clutch and stay out of it, it is a very civil daily driver, with all of the torque in the caddie it will be difficult to stay out of it. At the end of the day both are phenomenal automobiles, it just wasn't right for me. I certainly don't think that makes me a brand snob.

Former cars owned:
2006 CTS-V (for 3 years)
2002 ZO6 (for 3 years)
2001 C5 convertible

Jpjr
08-26-08, 12:06 PM

i guess the question is, why do sales completely contradict this logic?

lunarx
08-26-08, 12:11 PM
There is no 09V to compare sales with. :rolleyes:

However, if results are all that matters, than a well modded V1 is the way to go (over a V2).
Ok, except for drag racing. :nono:

chrisminshall
08-26-08, 07:29 PM
Well.....I had a local dealer tell me he'd give me a pretty decent discount (i.e. closer to invoice than sticker) on a new 09 CTS-V. Your mileage may vary in your own local market but I don't think anyone will need to pay sticker for these cars.

Chris

vperl
08-26-08, 07:44 PM
I am facing east and looking for my prayer rug, as you type.

Jpjr
08-26-08, 08:08 PM
There is no 09V to compare sales with. :rolleyes:

However, if results are all that matters, than a well modded V1 is the way to go (over a V2).
Ok, except for drag racing. :nono:

yep, it was a general point. you could put a 10L purshrod motor in a malibu but it does not mean that people will buy it. i'm not saying these people are right (i like the malibu and would buy that car), but GM needs to be creating more brand snobs like us.

Cadillac Tony
08-26-08, 08:15 PM
how am i a brand snob??? i have owned almost exclusively american cars, and the m3 i just bought was my first bmw. for me it was just the drivetrain, the CTS-V is faster, but it wasn't the right car for me. I have no doubt it is a great car, but it wasn't good fit.

here were the things i didn't like about the new v.

1. the auto tranny (yes i could get another 6 speed, but the wife occasionally drives the car, and she is not as comfortable with a 6 speed)

2. i feel they cheaped out on the engine internals
* no dry sump
* no forged internals (don't need the tricked out valves, but at least forge the pistons)

3. the WEIGHT (a huge factor for me), it is a heavy car and so is the M5.

now i made compromises on the m3, obviously in torque, but it has several qualities the CTS-V lacks and the same can be said about the M models. Driven the new double clutch and stay out of it, it is a very civil daily driver, with all of the torque in the caddie it will be difficult to stay out of it. At the end of the day both are phenomenal automobiles, it just wasn't right for me. I certainly don't think that makes me a brand snob.

Former cars owned:
2006 CTS-V (for 3 years)
2002 ZO6 (for 3 years)
2001 C5 convertible

And how many times exactly are you going to open the motor and look at those forged pistons? I'm assuming that none of your previous LSx powered cars ever shattered a piston, and since none of those cars had a dry sump oil system either, I guess I just don't understand why they're so important to you except Internet bragging rights.

With the exception of the total internet car fanatics, no one knows which cars have forged pistons and dry sumps, so you're not going to impress anyone with all that "technology". A dry sump and forged pistons don't make a car faster either, so I guess I just don't get it.

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-26-08, 08:53 PM
^^yeah take that. and you still bought a slower car (M3) than the V2 CTS-V.

thefly
08-27-08, 08:34 AM
And how many times exactly are you going to open the motor and look at those forged pistons? I'm assuming that none of your previous LSx powered cars ever shattered a piston, and since none of those cars had a dry sump oil system either, I guess I just don't understand why they're so important to you except Internet bragging rights.

With the exception of the total internet car fanatics, no one knows which cars have forged pistons and dry sumps, so you're not going to impress anyone with all that "technology". A dry sump and forged pistons don't make a car faster either, so I guess I just don't get it.

not trying to impress someone with the technology, i prefer to do it at the track, and to do frequent track days that technology can come in handy. To your point it is true that none of my LSX engines shattered piston, only the LS1 had an issue (oil consumption). But i have witnessed a piston shatter from oil starvation on the track. The lack of the wet sump is why they use to recommend running an extra quart of oil in the motor. Now that my kids are older i will have opportunity to return the track, and i want a drivetrain that can take the abuse without me having to worry (4300 lbs is heavy in corners). as you not getting it, i don't expect you to, that is why i said it was the right choice for me.

rand49er
08-27-08, 09:21 AM
Got an email today from my dealer that says employee pricing extends to the '09 CTS which in my book encompasses the CTS-V.

Problem is, it only goes through Sept 2nd. :crying2:

Jpjr
08-27-08, 10:04 AM
Got an email today from my dealer that says employee pricing extends to the '09 CTS which in my book encompasses the CTS-V.

Problem is, it only goes through Sept 2nd. :crying2:

Yeah the V def won't get employee pricing to the public.

The question is when those of us that always qualify for GMS will get that price.

It all comes down to demand.

vperl
08-27-08, 10:25 AM
Guys, What are the Prices, and what are the options, and why nothing has been release to the public about the CTS-V '09 Employee pricing in the dark? how can you order a vehicle without knowing what your going to get?

Give some info, then the orders will comein on the Employee pricing, or any pricing...

Florian
08-27-08, 10:22 PM
Yeah the V def won't get employee pricing to the public.

The question is when those of us that always qualify for GMS will get that price.

It all comes down to demand.

V's are halo cars....no GM employee pricing on them....just like the Z06 and ZR1....same deal.

F

Jpjr
08-27-08, 11:47 PM
V's are halo cars....no GM employee pricing on them....just like the Z06 and ZR1....same deal.

F

i got GMS on the V1, and I could get GMS on the Z06 right now. you are simply not correct.

there is a big different between whether GMS is available vs whether a dealer will honor it. if it is not available, it is almost always due to high demand and not because GM simply won't honor it. this is what DCX tried to do and the SRT's choked the lots.

jimbo1320
08-29-08, 09:10 PM
Got the latest issue of automobile magazine today. It has a estamated base price of $65,000 and fuel ratings of 14 city and 20 highway. I would not be surprized if those numbers are pretty close to reality. Starting to see base price estimates closer to the mid 60's than low 60's.I would certinly like to see the original $60,000 Estimate be the real thing.

Any day now, how about Tuesday release.

Jpjr
08-29-08, 10:14 PM
Got the latest issue of automobile magazine today. It has a estamated base price of $65,000 and fuel ratings of 14 city and 20 highway. I would not be surprized if those numbers are pretty close to reality. Starting to see base price estimates closer to the mid 60's than low 60's.I would certinly like to see the original $60,000 Estimate be the real thing.

Any day now, how about Tuesday release.

i got that today too. i also got road and track and motor trend. one of them (think R&T) quoted a $63k estimate.

Florian
08-29-08, 11:30 PM
i got GMS on the V1, and I could get GMS on the Z06 right now. you are simply not correct.

there is a big different between whether GMS is available vs whether a dealer will honor it. if it is not available, it is almost always due to high demand and not because GM simply won't honor it. this is what DCX tried to do and the SRT's choked the lots.

supplier and employee disc are different.....best check your facts. You WONT get employee on a Zed or a V2 now.

F

chubbs032
08-30-08, 12:44 AM
Will this car have a gas guzzler tax?

Any idea or best guess as to how much that performance package will cost in addition?

Jpjr
08-30-08, 12:01 PM
supplier and employee disc are different.....best check your facts. You WONT get employee on a Zed or a V2 now.

F

lol, sigh

employee disc (not supplier) is on all GM vehicles unless there is a legitamite production constraint (i.e., demand). this happens more often with hybrids than performance cars these days.

Z06? yes. V1? yes. STS-V? yes. XLR-v? yes. ZR1? prob never.

V2? 50/50 on day 1, but if not now then soon.

i can log in to the employee site and post the eligible list, but first wondering where your facts are coming from...