: Front cadillac emblem ??

jono6406
07-22-08, 04:18 PM
Am I correct in assuming but: do all STS' with ACC have the front Cadillac emblem on the black plaque. I noticed that some STS' with the same package have the traditional emblem with the wreaths and not the plaque. What gives?

Jono

chagrin falls
07-22-08, 06:12 PM
All Cadillac STS' with ACC have the solid "black plaque". The ACC unit itself is mounted on the car behind the round plaque. This is a similar set-up used on the 2000-2005 DTS with Night Vision. On the Night Vision there was only an opening in the grill for the radar unit to "see thru". Hope this answers your question!

Benjamin Simon
07-22-08, 09:17 PM
I noticed that some STS' with the same package have the traditional emblem with the wreaths and not the plaque.Jono

The heads up display comes with the ACC on the V6 and V8 STS. The black dome is where the radar is located. I am not sure where you saw this. I do not think the radar will work without the dome.

From my understanding, the 2008+ STS-V can have the heads up display but, without the ACC, thus black radar dome. Evidently, the mesh grill interferes with the radar.

jono6406
07-22-08, 09:50 PM
Ah huh, my assumption was correct and I thank you guys for answering my questions but now that sixteen style grill does down the tubes.Well I'll just keep my oem grill on.

Jono