: Questions about seats

svtbolt2001
07-22-08, 09:29 AM
1. Have you guys had issues with the seat bolstering breaking down on the inside side of the driver seat? Mine seems to have done so and sometimes rubs the center arm rest.

2. Have you guys had issues with your drivers seat chair rails getting loose or sloppy resulting in a seat clunk while cornering hard?

cvettr/cts-v
07-22-08, 10:06 AM
My seat seems loose when cornering hard or just when turning into a driveway. had them check to see if seat was loose on last stop at dealer they say it was not. Whether or not they really checked i have no idea, but someone else had same symptoms and his seat was loose.

svtbolt2001
07-22-08, 10:10 AM
I used to have a C5 vette and those were known for having issues with the seat rails. I was just hoping if that was the issue to get it fixed it within the warranty period.

NormV
07-24-08, 10:57 PM
Does your bolstering still work? It is gear driven with plastic gearing and parts and could be broken.

There are one two bolts that hold the seat in and they are in the rear. T55 I think.

Norm

jerrad
07-24-08, 11:39 PM
I'd like the new gen cts or cts V seats in my V. The new cts seats seem to have much more support.

supergeess
07-31-08, 06:37 PM
Has anyone out there either reupholstered their seats and added more side bolstering or replaced the seats with something with more support?

CadzillaTN
09-15-08, 08:47 PM
bump. This is clearly my bolster. I just went on a rant about this in another thread. Must have been a chunky fella at the wheel before I got my V. now-

I will be checking with our local top upholstery shop to see if they can remove the seat/cover, rebuild or introduce more stability to the right bolstering. I was disappointed in the seat's side support and depth (think Mercedes/AMG for polar opposite) when I actually got my hands on my V. Im not sure a new seat cover would include the foam supports...

My 87 Celica GTS seats were SUPERIOR to these.