: Honeymoon Over!

NIK
07-21-08, 01:45 PM
After 4 glorious, trouble-free years driving my '05 V, I just had my first major
disappointment. Two blocks from my home I detected a "whine" while at idle. By the time I went the two blocks to my home I could barely turn into my driveway ..... my power steering went out! I managed to get the car to my dealer and he informed me it was the power steering pump. It was a Friday, and naturally they did not have one in stock, will be in today (Monday.) I'm awaiting their call as I speak.

I have to tell you, this was very sudden - no warning, no squealing, no nothing until I heard the faint whine and the fact I couldn't steer without great effort.

By the way, the car left factory warranty 1 month ago. Fortunately I purchased the GM Major Guard extended warranty with 0 deductible when new. Still love the car !!

The Tony Show
07-21-08, 02:29 PM
4 year honeymoon......not bad. :D

trukk
07-21-08, 03:05 PM
LOL, ya great run!

My PS pump went south too. You have no idea how heavy this car is untill you try to do a lowspeed turn with no power assist.

BTW, Mine went out in Richmond on the way to VIR. I called Lindsay, and they did an emergency repair in under 3 hours, out the door! :thumbsup: LINDSAY ROCKS.

-Chris

rand49er
07-21-08, 03:17 PM
Sheesh ... I read the title of this thread and thought we were going to get some steamy video.

Oh, well ... suppose I ought to say, "Glad it's getting fixed!" or something.

CTSV_Rob
07-21-08, 06:18 PM
^^ Dirty old man.

trukk
07-22-08, 01:20 PM
^^ Dirty old man.

The proper salutation is Mr. Old Coot House Husband.

-Chris

Kmajecki
07-22-08, 02:35 PM
Mine went out quickly as well. I was in a state of road rage and unfortunately making a very sharp right turn at the time. A high rev with the wheel cranked all the way is a bad thing, even if you dont dump the clutch :(

LOL at the video Rand

Learjet
07-22-08, 02:46 PM
Glad you caught it.

I have 48,000+ miles so I took the old Learjet in for a "what the hell can we replace before the warrentee is up" visit. Well boys it is Christmas in July - New shifter, New Raido/Nav/CD player and drum roll new rear end!

CadzillaTN
07-22-08, 06:56 PM
the Cadillac CTS-Vantique. A classic right off the lot with all the parts replacement adventure you ever could ask for

DRKSIDE
07-23-08, 02:44 PM
She can't stay a virgin forever I guess.