: AC condensation?

vegasVowner
07-21-08, 07:58 AM
So its a rare sticky night in Vegas, usually just super dry heat. I got the AC on coming home and pull into the garage. A water/steam hissing noise catches my attention as I walk around the car. Is this normal to have the AC condensation steaming off the exhaust on out cars? Please tell me this aint a heater core problem? I've had my fair share of heater cores go out on my POS pontiacs and olds in high school. Thanks for the input guys.

Naf
07-21-08, 08:53 AM
On those humid nights you will heard a fizzle. Its your condensor droppin off all the excess water that collected on it....Very normal...Dont worry.

vegasVowner
07-22-08, 01:23 AM
Thanks for relievin my worries!

beartrace
07-22-08, 01:38 AM
I am in the desert north of you, and on a humid day the condensor drags a phenomenal amount of water from the a/c. Puddles and sizzles.

Naf
07-22-08, 02:38 AM
When hot air is introduced to a cold element the tendency is to form droplets of water on the cold element. I am in the Hottest of the Hot and i get condensation puddles under my dryer location

ewill3rd
07-23-08, 09:33 AM
The drain on these is in a weird place.
It drips on the side of the transmission and usually splashes right onto the left side exhaust pipe.
Normal condition for those of us that don't live in the desert ;)

vegasVowner
07-23-08, 04:52 PM
Good stuff (as I wipe the sweat off my brow)!