: Sonny Hancock Gastonia NC..pathetic

crazeladyshopper
07-19-08, 09:11 PM
I just wanted to post a quick review on my experience with this lot.
Let me start about 1.5 years ago. I visited the dealership on a recommendation of a friend. I told them exactly what I was looking for in a new used car. They said they could find it at auction and would call me the next week. I wont post the sales members name.
I didn't hear back the next week so I called and left a message...no replies

I purchased a car the following week from someone else.
15 months later I get a call from the same sales guy telling me he is "following" up with me to see if I had made a purchase and if not how could they help me. 15 months later!

Fastforward to about a month ago. I go back to Sonny Hancock to look at making a new Caddy purchase. I test drive one and get a catalog and card of the sales guy. I call back 4 days later and leave a message for him to call me about the vehicle. I never get a reply.

So, I go to the website and hit the "inquiry" button and state what I am looking for and would like to see what they have or if they could find the options on the vehicle I was looking for.
nada....nothing...no reply

Maybe I am an idiot...but....today....
I call Sonny Hancock once again and talk to yet another sales person on the phone. I tell him what I am looking for and didn't see it in their inventory. I told him I was going to purchase soon and this would be a cash sale and asked him to see what he could find in the color and model I was looking for. He then said he would be glad to see what was out there matching that description just as soon as I come put a depost for it!
Since when do they need a deposit to take a peek into the online inventory and inquire on a car exchange in the area? You have got to be kidding me!

I have spoken to about 8 different dealers on the East coast and not one of them have ever asked me for a deposit to just look at the inventory online and give me an idea of what they could find for me. I would gladly give a deposit to have the car brought in AFTER I am convinced it is the car I am looking for. All that info is right on the window sticker! :mad:

I did purchase a gorgeous 09 Caddy today and paid cash. I suppose things are selling so well over there at Sonny's that they didn't need that sale?

Their loss I guess...:thepan:

ryannel2003
07-23-08, 10:51 AM
Wow that's terrible. I sure hope I never have to deal with them. How do you like your CTS?