: Ingnition MAx Fuse burns out to stall 99 deville

penguin7
07-18-08, 06:54 PM
Help! I love my caddy but can't figure why the Ingnition Max Fuse burns out one of the pins and then the car stalls out dead while driving.

Where should I start looking for the culprit?

I know it's this fuse becuase if I replace it everything works out fine.
These are new codes:
B2710
B2781
B1552
B1558
B2502

Also
Yesterday my husband cleaned the Map sensor and all the upper electrical connections. Because the car idles like garbage unless I hold the RPM's to 700-750. When the AC's on it's worse. This has been an ongoing problem.

penguin7
07-18-08, 06:57 PM
Sorry, forgot this code came too.
# P0231 - Fuel Pump Feedback Circuit Low Voltage

Ranger
07-18-08, 08:39 PM
If you look up those codes, several are Passkey related. Not sure if any would cause the car to die while driving. The fuel pump code is of concern as well. Check the fuel pressure.

penguin7
07-20-08, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the tip. The Ign relay burned pin must shut down the fuel pump, however were good with the pressure. We are going to test the injectors. My husband cleaned the O2 sensors thinking that might help the idel. Now were on to the injectors.

Is there anything that might read up to lead us in another direction... I'm thinking about the the IPC data? what's the overide?

My daughters getting married this Saturday and need to get this running a little smoother. Thanks!

Ranger
07-20-08, 04:05 PM
Forget the overrides. You'll need a FSM for the data mode to know what is normal data (temps, injector pulse width, O2 sensor cross counts, etc) as oppose to your current data. I think you may need a wiring schematic (FSM again) to trace the wire from the burnt pin. If it goes to the fuel pump, then I'd guess that maybe it is failing and overloading that circuit (just a shot in the dark). maybe one of the techs who are more knowledgeable will chime in.

penguin7
07-21-08, 02:56 PM
Thank you Ranger... I read many of your posts and value your opinion.
Will get a fsm (would alldata have the info I need?)

Seen another posting about Seafoam and ran that through the deville. It has helped with the sputtering on take off and bad idle some. Checked the injectors and can hear them clicking. After the wedding I'm checking the lines to the fuel pump. Seems that could be all of our problem.

Ranger
07-21-08, 03:09 PM
I've never used Alldata so I am nor sure. Personally I prefer to have a hard copy in the garage if I need it. I believe I read recently that someone used Alldata and it was lacking something. Might have been wiring schematics, but I'm not sure. Someone who uses it may chime in.

Re: Seafoam. It's no big secret that I'm not a big fan of magic elixirs and repairs in a bottle (not to say that I haven't tried some in my time).