: Coolant everywhere......doh

AlmostAV
07-17-08, 02:19 PM
Hey, drove my car this morning to get food. Got back in it, noticed the low coolant warning on the nav, followed by some bad smells (coolant). Parked, popped the hood, and saw coolant everywhere. So I have to take her in. Any suggestions? Its under warranty, and they shouldnt complain about the headers in any way shape or form regarding this right? I have done a throttle body bypass too, I hope they dont complain about that either. Any ideas on what it could be? Hopefully its not the whole radiator.

Twitch
07-17-08, 02:40 PM
Did you look to see where it was leaking from?

AlmostAV
07-17-08, 03:03 PM
Well theres so much everywhere, and its so tight spaced in there, that I cannot locate the actual spot of the leak.

Civardi
07-17-08, 03:06 PM
Hose it down and then take a look. Mine was leaking at the top. I found out after this was common on early 04s.

vegasVowner
07-17-08, 03:13 PM
If its under warranty, then you should hope it is the radiator. Dealerships are probably getting pretty efficient at installing them, no questions asked. I'm on my third radiator. I had the upper rad. hose go on me in Sequoia NP, dexcool everywhere when it seeped onto the serpentine belt. Pretty freaky at first though.

Civardi
07-17-08, 03:25 PM
If they dont cover it call Luke and get the Ron Davis one. Thats what I would have done but had mine changed a week before he had them. You will get a sticker shock on the price.

AlmostAV
07-17-08, 03:28 PM
i dont see why it wouldnt be covered. but it would suck

smoothq
07-17-08, 06:16 PM
This could very well be the radiator. I have had mine for lil over a year now and have been through 3 radiators. So maybe start with that. also the hoses very common that was even what the dealership said to me. Kinda sucks