: Question about Escalade Color

scott367
07-17-08, 02:53 PM
I just recently purchased my first cadillac, a 2005 escalade. I am trying to figure out the name of the color or if it is even a stock color. It is metallic blue that turns green in the light and purple in the dark. I have seen that escalades that year come in "chip blue" and "rip tide blue". Can I tell the color from either the VIN number? where is the pain code located, I can't seem to find it on the drivers door. Any help is appreciated.

TheCaddyKidd
07-17-08, 06:09 PM
It is most likely rip tide.. the ones that look like its sometimes green but other times blue is the rip tide.. but if you want you can double check... you should be able to find it in the driver door.. some cars have it also in the glove box in the back... but definately check the driver door jam.. also i just checked this one website and for 2005 they only show rip tide as a blue type color:

Loading Color Info... Sample Color Code Color Name
55/WA9868 P Diddy Chrome
41/WA8555 Black Raven
59/WA926L Quicksilver
63/WA817K Red E
XXXXX Rip Tide Blue
98/WA800J White Diamond

scott367
07-17-08, 06:32 PM
Thanks alot, I read in a forum that everyone was saying how ugly rip tide blue is. That it never should have been picked. I was just wondering if they were saying that about my color. Every where I go i get compliments about the color. It is a beautiful color, especially just waxed in the sun.

TheCaddyKidd
07-17-08, 06:42 PM
I think it is a nice color.. i actually had the option to get my ext in that color and was about to buy it but then the dealership found the white diamond available so i took that since white is what i always wanted..