: NEED HELP..PROS N CONS FOR 05CTSV vs. 06CTSV

ALLEYEZONMYCTSV
07-16-08, 03:43 PM
im new to this forum..but hoping i can get some feedback from the vets on this forum...thanks in advanced im looking into buying either a 05CTSV(5.7) or a 06CTSV(6.0). im not sure whats the difference between motors, which has more hp/torque, which on pulls harder etc.?
is there any diff in suspension, interior etc?
all input is helpful and greatly appreciated, thanks again

qqik4u
07-16-08, 03:51 PM
im new to this forum..but hoping i can get some feedback from the vets on this forum...thanks in advanced im looking into buying either a 05CTSV(5.7) or a 06CTSV(6.0). im not sure whats the difference between motors, which has more hp/torque, which on pulls harder etc.?
is there any diff in suspension, interior etc?
all input is helpful and greatly appreciated, thanks again

Welcome - Here is a thread that just talked about lots of 05 06 comparisons - Read and enjoy - Remember everyone thinks there year is better - so get your own opinion from the discussions :annoyed:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/143147-question-about-05-vs-06-cts.html

Obviously 06 is LS2 vs LS6 - let's see how long it takes for someone to chime in say 06 LS2 is a truck motor:cookoo: and there goes the discussion again.

:)

Civardi
07-16-08, 03:54 PM
Oh no here we go. I am and LS6 owner so I will say get the 05. I have no issues with the truck motor I just wanted the LS6. Either way you can't go wrong. What ever you get stay off the fourm unless you want an empty wallet.

CtsVrod
07-16-08, 03:59 PM
Oh no here we go. I am and LS6 owner so I will say get the 05. I have no issues with the truck motor I just wanted the LS6. Either way you can't go wrong. What ever you get stay off the fourm unless you want an empty wallet.

:welcome:

:yeah: - Had my Car for Two Weeks now, and Bought it Stock... Look at my Sig and you can see how fast your Wallet really empty's!!

onebadcad
07-16-08, 04:00 PM
Get the best price you can on both model years, consider remaining warranty and cost of extending-not sure if Thunder Gray was available in '06, but would that would be a factor for me, only saw it once but dammmnnn it was purdy.
LS2 vs. LS6 could have its own section of this forum, diffence between two is more personal than factual.
Good luck, with either choice.

Civardi
07-16-08, 04:01 PM
:welcome:

:yeah: - Had my Car for Two Weeks now, and Bought it Stock... Look at my Sig and you can see how fast your Wallet really empty's!!

If I only did not have kids. They are the only thing that will empty it out faster than the V.:helpless:

qqik4u
07-16-08, 04:02 PM
:yeah: both motors will dry up your wallets for sure...

ALLEYEZONMYCTSV
07-16-08, 04:21 PM
haha..thanks guys.. yeah im looking at a nice 05black out here in san jose, selling for the about $25k.w/exhaust, short throw, tinted windows..pretty nice condition. i drove it and it feels good..
so would you guys say that LS6 is a beefier motor?

Bueller
07-16-08, 04:23 PM
Run away now, or surrender the wallet to Luke. The force is with him. You don't get that one yet, but you will soon enough.

One economic factor when looking at a car may be MPG... If you hang out here you will most likely be looing at MPM, Miles Per Mod. :lildevil:

Either one is a great car, go with the best deal and search for a cadillac preowned certified. That gives you 100,000 mile 0 deductable warr.

If you decide to become a Supporting Member you can get a free Vin Check on the top of this forums to show service items and warranty info before you buy. Lots of info here and tons of discounts on goodies.

Good Luck and Welcome!

JD03Cobra
07-16-08, 04:46 PM
I primarily went with the 06 due to the updates and i found a great deal. Never been happier...But im sure I would feel the same in the LS6.

This is my first GM vehicle..I've always owned Ford for over 18 years...Gone through my share of Cobra Mustangs. Whether it was supercharged or not nobody really cared...support is a good thing.

Its kinda funny here...its sided here between the LS6 & LS2 motors. Kind of suprised to learn this over time...I don't really get it when we are all driving bad ass cars.

Cowan480
07-16-08, 05:04 PM
I went with the 05 because thats all that was out, and I wouldn't trade mine for 06 or 07, but I would consider a trade for the 09!!

Civardi
07-16-08, 05:17 PM
This is my first GM vehicle..I've always owned Ford for over 18 years...Gone through my share of Cobra Mustangs. Whether it was supercharged or not nobody really cared...support is a good thing.

This is my first American made vehicle in 20yrs. At 16 I got an 8yr old GMC 4x4 and it was a big POS. Driven all imports up until the V. I could not be happier.

CBVLS6
07-16-08, 06:13 PM
How old is everyone in here? Im feeling young and vibrant with all this talk of children and not having owned a American made vehicle in 20 years... Im only 25, 20 years ago I was probably cr-ppin in my shorts:cool2:

... oh and not to threadjack, I have an 05, LS6, which is having the lifters replaced right now. From my deduction on various dyno's, the LS2 seems to have a little more grunt stock than the LS6. That is just what I have concluded, correctly or incorrectly, and if I had the choice, since I always modify my cars, I would rather start with any +hp I could get assuming all else is equal.

BUT I do love my car, as problem prone as it has been. V for the win

502imp
07-16-08, 06:25 PM
My reason for an 06 was the minor updates, and the broader torque curve of the ls2. The car is more of a daily driver for now, and with the weight of a car like this I prefer trading a couple more cubes and low end torque of the ls2 over the high rpm, factory tuned, more race car like ls6.

Depending on your application for this vehicle your opinion may be different. Both motors are essentially the same in power output, it is just where in the rpm range you get the power. Of course all that can be changed with mods...

Luna.
07-16-08, 06:52 PM
Just purchase my '05 and you'll have no worries. :bouncy:

I have this strange urge to get the '09... :lildevil:

Bent Halo
07-16-08, 07:31 PM
Just purchase my '05 and you'll have no worries. :bouncy:

I have this strange urge to get the '09... :lildevil:

No doubt...I keep watching video of the 09 getting bizzy on the track and its making me wanna throw rocks at my 05.

:alchi:

ALLEYEZONMYCTSV
07-17-08, 02:08 PM
lol..yeah i think ima go wit the 05-v.. but yeah the 09 looks bada** but no enough..$$ haha
but thanks everyone for all ur input i really appreciate it..