: Drove an STS

me3head
06-08-04, 02:40 PM
I recently had a chance to drive an STS.

It had the V6, so I can comment that it felt quite quick. In fact, I didn't know it wasnt the V8 until I got out. Other than the 6 the car was pretty much loaded. My favorite features were Cooled Seats, Bluetooth, and Keyless Start.

EgyptianQueen
06-08-04, 03:14 PM
Very pleased to hear that finally someone is impressed with the car. Were you a doubter?

me3head
06-08-04, 05:11 PM
I was a doubter, and still am when it comes to the styling. I liked the old-style caddies (03 STS) but LOVE all the A&S caddies. To me the STS looks alot like a current Deville, which I would mistake it for over a CTS. That being said, I think that it does a decent job of bridging the 2 styles, if that was their intent. However, I think that they needed to leave the old styling behind completely and would have liked to see a more CTS/XLR looking STS.

The interior is also very nice, but has some fit/finish problems where the different plastic parts of the IP don't line up. This was a pre-production model, and probably would have looked better in black.

Overall I really liked it, but wish the styling was more aggressive.

The powertrain was very nice, and I don't see why some people here bash the decision to include a V6 as it is very powerful and will probably be popular with higher gas prices. I would like to see a diesel offered in the USA. I only hate lower powertrain configs when options are tied to them (like if they required V8 fo NAV). As long as all options can be ordered independantly of powertrain I have no problem.

Also, the hideous spoiler is a must to delete.

gothicaleigh
06-09-04, 12:51 AM
Wow, did I write that post? Your opinions on the car are exactly parallel with mine. :)

Nice to hear that the 3.6L still pulls well with the STS' added weight over the CTS. It's definately my favorite GM V6 to date and only promises to get better (of course, if I were to buy an STS I wouldn't be able to resist the allure of that 320hp N* though...)

SoundAdvantage
06-09-04, 01:14 AM
Wow, did I write that post? Your opinions on the car are exactly parallel with mine. :)

Nice to hear that the 3.6L still pulls well with the STS' added weight over the CTS. It's definately my favorite GM V6 to date and only promises to get better (of course, if I were to buy an STS I wouldn't be able to resist the allure of that 320hp N* though...)

Glad to hear your positive input on the STS :) Compare the STS you drove with your CTS for a moment. What are some of the things you like better on the STS ?
What are some things you like better about your CTS ?
Did the STS seem to handle or Ride better than the CTS ?
Did the STS feel more powerfull to drive ?
Would you buy one ?