: Who Has 8 piston Brembo Calipers?

Naf
07-16-08, 03:27 AM
Hey,

I am lookin for people whom already installed the 8 piston brembo calipers..Pics of installation wanted...

I have one kit and just want to know i am runnin in the right direction with the right parts...

Awaitin your replies

Naf

OldRoadDawg
07-16-08, 11:25 AM
I've just seen one Brembo 8 piston setup and have got only one photo of it, so it probably won't help you much. This is the CTS-V that Predator Performance built and it was tight quarters in their dyno room when I took the photo.

AlmostAV
07-16-08, 03:39 PM
i just dont think its necessary unless your seriously autocrossing this car every weekend. Everyone that has driven my car is shocked at how responsive the brakes are.

v10boost
07-16-08, 06:15 PM
BIG $$. spend the money on something else. I can think of 100 differenct things i want to do to my car with extra cash.

Naf
07-17-08, 05:57 AM
BIG $$. spend the money on something else. I can think of 100 differenct things i want to do to my car with extra cash.

Well if its already been spent then a maggie i will not get...

I have given every mod serious consideration.
-The Intake manifold was for extra breathing power since its so hot here.
-The heads to compliment the intake and to also shave off a few pounds.
-Yella terra rocker arms, same weight as stock and they help reduce friction which gives you that little edge.
-GMPP lifters for when i feel like revvin the crap out of the car i can
-The GMPP sway bars keep me level and planted
-The BMR Strut tower for more ridgidness in the chassis
-The NELS rear strut brace for the same
-The BMR trailing arms and toe rods, to give the driveline extra sturdiness for those power take-offs
-The GMPP rear diff cooler to help cool off the diff oil and all the diff to live a longer life
-The Specter Heat extractin hood to keep things cool in the engine compartment
-Specter Rear CF trunk Lid weight shavin
-Specter Spoiler, for better handlin and cosmetics
-The High capacity Rad to keep her runnin cooler
-The Added Oil Cooler to do the same as above
-The LS7 Clutch for the simple reason that you dont waste power turnin the heavy stock one...
-The full set of two piece 14" cross drilled or slotted rotors, to shave off weight and keep the bearings from premature wear due to heat
-The Brembo 8 piston calipers, to put my bros Z06 to shame...

I will never out accelerate him nor keep up with him at speeds over 160mph, but i can make him sweat the whole way upto and around then...

Price of Brand new 2005 V with four years warranty startin 14th feb 2008 $46,000
Price of all mods till today $35,000
Price of Labor to install all above mentioned mods $4,000
Misc items that didnt make the list $1000
Full coverage INSURANCE for one year $2,000
Total spent as of today $92,000.00 (price does not include shippin nor customs charges)

So the next time you feel you got stiffed a few dollars think of what i just spent...