: Replacing the fuel pump.

250motorsportz
07-15-08, 11:24 PM
Ok well, a good friend of mine (mechanic) is going to help me out after work tomorrow and assist me in replacing the fuel pump since he and everyone else in town is backed up. Does anyone know where the schrader valve is on these trucks? Or how else do I de-pressurize the fuel lines? And are there only 8 bolts holding up the fuel tank?

250motorsportz
07-17-08, 06:50 AM
Ok well, my friend couldn't make it so me and another buddy (not very highly skilled) replaced the fuel pump. It took us almost over 8 hours to complete it. It did get done, truck runs and everything is well. However, I do highly recommend you take it in to a shop to get this done if you have the time and money.

g9s8r
07-17-08, 12:18 PM
Congratulations. I personally don't think I would attempt it. However, it would have depended on how much the dealership charges. (on the m5board we call them the stealership). Hopefully that was the only problem. I read the other response from the caddy tech on your previous threads.

250motorsportz
07-17-08, 03:19 PM
Well it started and runs. Not as good as before but I'm going to change to the fuel filter today, and I'm told that, that would make a difference as that could be clogged up. Also the truck needs a tune-up. Well everyone in town was backed up and I really need the truck today to haul the flat deck.