: Anyone tried the wait4me tune

ichpen
07-15-08, 11:35 PM
Guys,

Looking at getting a stock mail order tune from wait4me (member on these boards) and I'm looking for anyone's who's done the pre-tuned PCM swap either on a stock V or a modded one.

I realize most will shout dyno tune but up here in Canada there are only a couple of tuner shops that would even touch an LSx engine. It's that unpopular :) So a new PCM that I can swap in/out is beginning to look like a viable option for me.

So anyone tried it? Any improvements?

Primarily looking at improving throttle response a bit. Love the V but it tends to be a little on the slow end when you're tap dancing on the gas pedal.

Appreciated.

The Tony Show
07-15-08, 11:47 PM
www.stealthv.com

Love mine, and so do a million other forum members. When changing spark and fuel on your 400hp engine, it's always best to go with a proven performer. :thumbsup:

ichpen
07-16-08, 12:01 AM
I thought he threw in the proverbial gloves a while ago and isn't doing mail order tunes any longer.

04vman
07-16-08, 02:02 AM
He is definately still doing tunes, and I would HIGHLY recomend it. He did my car, and I noticed a big difference in throttle response, not so much on gas mileage. I originally had the Flashpaq and the WAIT4MEPERFORMANCE tune was head and shoulders above the Superchips tuner. All this guy does is tune Vettes all day so he probably has a little experience with our motors, not to mention the tuner has two CTS-V's himself.

pveomett
07-16-08, 12:01 PM
I got a tune from W4M also... I was very pleased for the price. I'm not gonna say that he is as good or better than StealthV, but atleast he responds to your emails. For only having an intake and exhaust I noticed much better throttle response. I will definately send my PCM back to him when I get headers!

ichpen
07-16-08, 12:13 PM
He is definately still doing tunes, and I would HIGHLY recomend it. He did my car, and I noticed a big difference in throttle response, not so much on gas mileage. I originally had the Flashpaq and the WAIT4MEPERFORMANCE tune was head and shoulders above the Superchips tuner. All this guy does is tune Vettes all day so he probably has a little experience with our motors, not to mention the tuner has two CTS-V's himself.

Thanks. How hard is it to get to the PCM and swap it out on the Vs? Just curious...

rb1
07-16-08, 12:19 PM
Yah, I've heard nothing but good things from him on searches. i think he does more trucks than anything though. I think i'm going to go this route.

If you want, you can wait 4 me to get my wait 4 me tune, let ya know how it is, then my buddy's supercharged stang won't have to wait 4 me anymore?

I'm an idiot.

OldRoadDawg
07-16-08, 12:50 PM
Thanks. How hard is it to get to the PCM and swap it out on the Vs? Just curious...

PCM Removal & Install (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/sm/pcm.html)

CTSV_510
07-16-08, 12:56 PM
Yah, I've heard nothing but good things from him on searches. i think he does more trucks than anything though.

That's OK. ichpen has a truck motor... :stirpot:

Civardi
07-16-08, 05:56 PM
Love mine, and so do a million other forum members.

:alchi:

CTSV_Rob
07-16-08, 07:55 PM
Easy but you do need to jack up the front of the car.

jerrad
07-16-08, 11:25 PM
I like my wait4me tune. Got it within 5 days and you get another PCM so you can keep your stocker. The first month I was breaking in my new clutch so I can't tell a huge diff because it took me so long to drive the car "spirited".

Twitch
07-17-08, 07:05 PM
I like my wait4me tune. Got it within 5 days and you get another PCM so you can keep your stocker. The first month I was breaking in my new clutch so I can't tell a huge diff because it took me so long to drive the car "spirited".
So you just buy the PCM already tuned? How much is that?

jerrad
07-17-08, 07:19 PM
157.70 for the tune loaded with the PCM. You also get free retunes for life. I think you pay shipping either 1 or both ways. So if you add any mods just rip the pcm out and send it back. Was a great guy to deal with. He also has had a couple V's and has a 8xx hp V right now.

SkullV
07-17-08, 07:45 PM
$157.70 for a PCM with a tune???

rand49er
07-17-08, 08:04 PM
No question, Jesse knows his stuff. Definitely can tune.

Still, Rick may have more CTS-V data than anyone alive (outside of GM :D) and gives second-to-none customer service. Actually returns emails better, too.

jerrad
07-17-08, 09:13 PM
SkullV: Yep, I think you still have to pay shipping though. I paid $159 to my door.

Wait4me has great customer service too. I've never seen anyone gripe about not getting emails returned, he also answers the phone.

Twitch
07-17-08, 09:19 PM
$157.70 for a PCM with a tune???

SkullV: Yep, I think you still have to pay shipping though. I paid $159 to my door.

Wait4me has great customer service too. I've never seen anyone gripe about not getting emails returned, he also answers the phone.

I must have missed something here :bonkers:
I give him $159 american, and he sends me his PCM already tuned. And I keep mine?
Sorry, it just sounds too good to be true. :hmm:
I already fell for that whole Maggie deal.

Oh yeah. Contact info please.

SkullV
07-17-08, 09:30 PM
I am going to go ahead and get a tune from him...for $160 to my door with a new PCM it cant hurt. Does anyone know if he does nitrous stuff?

jerrad
07-17-08, 09:30 PM
PM'd ya twitch

jerrad
07-17-08, 09:32 PM
I am going to go ahead and get a tune from him...for $160 to my door with a new PCM it cant hurt. Does anyone know if he does nitrous stuff?

I'm pretty sure that he does. You might be a little low on hp though because he'll have to pull some timing. You can get a timing tuner though and have him tune for NA power and just back the timing down by yourself when on the spray. Just email him, he'll deff. know more than me.

groverdill
07-17-08, 10:13 PM
Could you send me the contact info as well, I want in in this deal.

thanks

jerrad
07-17-08, 10:16 PM
PM'd ya Groverdill.

groverdill
07-17-08, 10:24 PM
Thank you, what a deal.

rand49er
07-17-08, 10:33 PM
... I've never seen anyone gripe about not getting emails returned ...Bought my maggie from him. Sent him a couple of emails based upon statements he made promising me stuff ... got nothing ... nothing ... zero.

Not saying he's out to screw anybody. Just relating my experience, that's all.

whisler151
07-17-08, 10:38 PM
Seriously? $160 and a PCM magically appears at my door tuned to my mods? Contact info here too please!

jerrad
07-17-08, 10:59 PM
Bought my maggie from him. Sent him a couple of emails based upon statements he made promising me stuff ... got nothing ... nothing ... zero.

Not saying he's out to screw anybody. Just relating my experience, that's all.
That sucks man. I've always had quick replies. Did you ever give him a call?

By By C Ya
07-18-08, 01:39 PM
Do you get to keep your PCM or do you have to send that back in??

jerrad
07-18-08, 02:51 PM
You get to keep your PCM. In the end you have your stock PCM and then you have another PCM with the new tune.

rb1
07-18-08, 02:53 PM
YOU GET TO KEEP YOUR OWN COMPUTER!

I just sent payment and i am expecting mine in about a week.

(170.00 US since i am in Canada)

Can't wait.........

CTSV_510
07-18-08, 03:31 PM
You get to keep your PCM. In the end you have your stock PCM and then you have another PCM with the new tune.

So...he's giving you a pre-tuned PCM (costs $250 new) for $170?

:hmm:

The Tony Show
07-18-08, 04:34 PM
Seriously? $160 and a PCM magically appears at my door tuned to my mods? Contact info here too please!

No. Not unless he has spent time tuning a V with your particular combination of mods. Part of the reason I like StealthV is that he's had every combo of header/exhaust/intake on his car and written tunes for each one (why do you think he had so many different brands of duplicate parts in his "garage sale" thread recently?).

It's impossible to tell without looking at the code, but the wait4me tune is most likely a nice improvement to the baseline code (a little more timing, a little less fuel, different throttle cracker settings, etc) that will work with any combo of mods.

StealthViggen
07-18-08, 06:31 PM
Well as I understand it he has had 2 CTS-V's and has tuned literally thousands of LSX engines. I would hazzard a guess that he has seen most combos out there. Remember, a Bolt on LS6 doesn't care if it's in a V, Z06 or a pickup. The tuning is for the Engine and Mods, not specifically the vehicle. Not saying one is better than another, but I would think experience counts. End of the Day a Dyno tune, with a reputable tuner is probably the best way to go, but for the price I think this is one heck of a deal.

jerrad
07-18-08, 06:51 PM
Well as I understand it he has had 2 CTS-V's and has tuned literally thousands of LSX engines. I would hazzard a guess that he has seen most combos out there. Remember, a Bolt on LS6 doesn't care if it's in a V, Z06 or a pickup. The tuning is for the Engine and Mods, not specifically the vehicle. Not saying one is better than another, but I would think experience counts. End of the Day a Dyno tune, with a reputable tuner is probably the best way to go, but for the price I think this is one heck of a deal.

Exactly right.

deedubb
07-20-08, 08:12 PM
I want in. Please send me the contact info.

EDIT: Got the info. Thanks Jerrad.

jerrad
07-20-08, 09:39 PM
Just glad a non supporting member like myself could do a little good here. :)