: Looking for a place in Toronto to install my Z06 clutch

andrew-g
07-15-08, 06:27 PM
I've bought a Z06 clutch kit and Katech spacer and now I'm looking for place in the GTA that can install it. I don't trust or want to pay a dealer to do it. Anybody know of a performance place that have worked on CTS-V's before and don't charge an arm and leg??

Thanks

rand49er
07-15-08, 09:33 PM
Might want to PM Jon ... he might know.

CTSV_510
07-15-08, 09:58 PM
:lesley:

ichpen
07-15-08, 11:22 PM
I've bought a Z06 clutch kit and Katech spacer and now I'm looking for place in the GTA that can install it. I don't trust or want to pay a dealer to do it. Anybody know of a performance place that have worked on CTS-V's before and don't charge an arm and leg??

Thanks

No, but let me know if you find one as I'm in T.O. also and looking for an experience shop. :) Blatant hijack of your thread here.

BTW, spent some time at Marvin Starr Caddy. Out of all of GTA's dealers they're by far the most competent and friendly to 'mods'.

Just an FYI.

Naf
07-16-08, 04:54 AM
I have a friend at Marvin Starr in Scarborough...They are good, also try Lime Green on Markham or Bob Johnson on Kingston...

At the end of the day its a clutch job, so the dealer would be your best guess. They could check the play on the shifter and also make sure your engine mounts are still within normal operatin height...

Its Win Win...

rb1
07-16-08, 11:05 AM
Uh, I think I know where NOT to go. Midas! I had to go there once for my thrust bearing on my Z28. They gave it back to me without tranny fluid. and 40km later, BAM! Good thing we have tranny temp readers on our V's eh? But seriously, I really don,t know of many places other than BOLT-ON Performance in Bolton (where i live). I havn't taken my V there but they had a CTS-V project car that they did alot of work to including a Centerforce clutch i think.
I have been there a few times and the guy is pretty reasonable.

Btw, let me know how the car is whith the Z06 clutch. I would like to see what it's like with 30 something pound off the flywheel.

Naf
07-16-08, 11:09 AM
Man do a search, i posted a thread on it...