: Baby-V Tribute VIDEO

Seattle CTS-V
07-15-08, 11:32 AM
As many of you know I had Baby-V up for sale again. She went to a pretty cool car enthusiast up in Vancouver, BC. Hopefully he'll be here on the site. The guy also has a Buick GNX and a Typhoon so he's no stranger to power and GM.

It's strange how one can become attached to a material object like a car. I honestly felt sadness and regret when I handed over the keys. I followed him from the bank to the highway and couldn't remember a sweeter sounding exhaust (and there are a ton of Ferrari's around Bellevue - damn Microsoft money).

Anyway, I put together a small tribute compilation of pics and vids. Some parts you've already seen. The end clip is my favorite. Make sure you listen to the audio with a good subwoofer. There's alot of bass in the exhaust note. I should have played around with my camera mounts a long time ago...enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTnBekvIgWc

LUVMY04V
07-15-08, 11:35 AM
great choice in song

NIN FTW!!!!!!!

whisler151
07-15-08, 11:39 AM
Nice video! She will be missed! I left a comment on your YouTube about the video.

Vee
07-15-08, 12:23 PM
The guy also has a Buick GNX and a Typhoon

You're saying that there's a guy that has a CTS-V and a GNX ??? Lucky SOB !!

Awesome Video !! Thanks for making it !!

Seattle CTS-V
07-15-08, 12:36 PM
You're saying that there's a guy that has a CTS-V and a GNX ??? Lucky SOB !!

Awesome Video !! Thanks for making it !!

Yep, not just a GN, but a GNX! And not just a CTS-V, a fully modded CTS-V.

thebigjimsho
07-15-08, 01:02 PM
I don't know, your V has always looked normal size to me...

Twitch
07-15-08, 01:12 PM
It's rare that I'll watch a 4 min utube clip,,,,,nice!

Seattle CTS-V
07-15-08, 01:16 PM
I don't know, your V has always looked normal size to me...

But things always look normal sized to "Big Jim" :thepan:

trukk
07-15-08, 01:35 PM
But things always look normal sized to "Big Jim" :thepan:

That cut deep......love it.

-Chris

thebigjimsho
07-15-08, 01:54 PM
But things always look normal sized to "Big Jim" :thepan:Except for Cayennes masquerading as sports cars...

JD03Cobra
07-15-08, 01:55 PM
What a bummer...that V was sweet.

Seattle CTS-V
07-15-08, 02:34 PM
Except for Cayennes masquerading as sports cars...

True that, this truck will never be challenging any V's unless the contest is trailoring 7000 lbs up a hill.

Vee
07-15-08, 06:45 PM
Yep, not just a GN, but a GNX! And not just a CTS-V, a fully modded CTS-V.

Oh, I'm very familiar with the GNX...Only 547 were built, and each have their own serial number on the dash. The GNX is about my favorite car in the world. I have owned 2 Grand Nationals (still have one I'm in the middle of changing out a head-gasket). Great cars. I LOVE my CTS-V, but in all honesty my Grand National (provided it was still running) would absolutely SPANK my CTS-V.

PS: GN for sale soon !

Seattle CTS-V
07-15-08, 08:39 PM
Oh, I'm very familiar with the GNX...Only 547 were built, and each have their own serial number on the dash. The GNX is about my favorite car in the world. I have owned 2 Grand Nationals (still have one I'm in the middle of changing out a head-gasket). Great cars. I LOVE my CTS-V, but in all honesty my Grand National (provided it was still running) would absolutely SPANK my CTS-V.

PS: GN for sale soon !

Very cool. I plan on getting up to Vancouver sometime this summer to get a ride in this guy's cars (and maybe buy back the V...)

tdyguy2k
07-16-08, 01:19 AM
Great video. I'm sure that you're already going through withdrawals...

dukie1993
07-16-08, 08:56 AM
Great video. It's hard for me to believe you could sell a car you obviously loved so much.

Seattle CTS-V
07-16-08, 03:57 PM
Great video. It's hard for me to believe you could sell a car you obviously loved so much.

It's all about priorities...and parking spaces. We have a 1-year old and we both take turns picking up the boy and taking him places on our separate days off. We have her Murano, my 1995 F250 workhorse and now my Cayenne and just 3 parking spaces. I would have loved to keep the Caddy as a wknd warrior - especially considering how much money and time I've spent getting it to be fast and reliable. But I couldn't justify not taking the $30k I got for it to just sit around most of the time.

rand49er
07-17-08, 08:02 AM
Nice vid!

Sorry to see it go, but if the new owner shows up here, that would make up a part of our loss.

Stick around, Seattle. ;)