: cadillacsts2003 rocks

12pack
07-14-08, 11:52 PM
shout out to cheswick, PA. 12pack here saying that cadillacsts2003 fixed my stereo up the way it should have been done in the first place. gmrc-03 install, got the remote locks back, no error messages on dash, system rocks. only problem is an engine noise that whines in all door speakers. i put some decent rca jacks on and hooked it all up, now it's driving me nuts. should i spend 50 bucks for better cables, is that the problem? anyway, you did a great job on the install and anybody that needs work done, i highly recommend making a trip to PA. thanks a ton...12pack

CadillacSTS42005
07-15-08, 01:29 AM
better RCAs and a GSL (ground loop isolator) will def fix up your problem

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-15-08, 02:23 AM
Glad to hear positive feedback about other members. :)

vacuumbed
07-15-08, 09:01 PM
Ditto! STS2003 is a big asset to this forum.

He has helped me solve several problems. :highfive:

12pack
07-16-08, 12:26 AM
i looked around and found a solution to my engine noise through speakers. i just turned down my gain on the amp to about a quarter. it got rid of 85 percent of the noise. i think i will go to radio shack and get some filters though just to eliminate all that i can.

CadillacSTS42005
07-16-08, 12:33 AM
prob your best bet
you should have a filter adjust on the amp as well
you gotta play with those knobs and adjust it to fine tune your system
then from there you can further tweak your system using the radios eq

CadillacSTS42005
07-19-08, 06:35 PM
any news?

12pack
07-21-08, 08:41 PM
the radio shack by me only had one in stock, so i got it and put it on. seems to have done the job. the system friggen rocks. i turn it on about three quarters volume and everybody just smiles. then i turn it up the rest of the way, and it blows them away. their eyes get huge and they just give me that look like, i cannot believe that a caddy can sound this sweet. awesome job dude!

CadillacSTS42005
07-21-08, 11:07 PM
not a problem
again glad everything worked out

K_cin_az
07-22-08, 02:40 PM
Hey CaddySTS03 or other audio experts,

Wondering if you could give me a clues for this odd problem. I have a kenwooddnx5120 installed in my 99 eldo with the grmc unit. (non-bose). For some reason the memory is clearing on the radio portion of the unit. The time gets reset to 12am and I have use the recall memory to recall my previous settings. However the Nav portion remembers the correct time so it doesn't seem like it is losing its power connection on shut off. Any ideas or suggestions you can think of?

CadillacSTS42005
07-22-08, 09:37 PM
yup
theres no true constant wire on the radio harness
you must run your own from the pos terminal on the battery to the yellow constant wire on your radio
DO NOT CONNECT THE GMRC-03 Yellow wire to the radio leave it disconnected

K_cin_az
07-22-08, 10:54 PM
yikes, thanks for the tip, that is a b!tch huh though, wonder why the include it in the harness. Any other wires would you suggest avoiding in the harness and wiring direct? This one had me stumped about to send back the radio, glad I asked.

CadillacSTS42005
07-22-08, 10:56 PM
np
nothing else should create an issue

K_cin_az
08-07-08, 02:42 PM
hey there caddysts - I am about to do the rewiring here pretty soon, purchased a backup cam, figured mind as well do everything at once. I was wondering if you have any advice to help figure out another problem I am having..

I have a simple bass tube installed, just an 8in 150wat tube to add a lil base to my sounds, but for some reason it goes on and off, almost like in intervals it seems. Like 1 minute it is knocking then 1 minute its not and repeats the same pattern. Any idea of what to check in terms of what is going wrong?

CadillacSTS42005
08-07-08, 11:33 PM
check your ground
make sure its the same gauge as ur power wire

K_cin_az
08-08-08, 12:25 PM
thanks will check that out, driving me nuts!

jjm01
08-10-08, 05:10 PM
Indeed CadillacSTS2003 does rock! He is an invaluable asset, is extremely helpful, and knows more than a lot of dealers out there - except perhaps EWill3rd. Guy has got a lot of guts too, undertaking projects on some of the more expensive and complex systems.

Amazing he's only 21 and has such extensive knowledge of these complex vehicles. Sure there are young guys who know cars, but most the cars they know about can fit into the trunks of what we drive.

We've got lots of great folks here that I could mention, but I wouldn't want their heads to get too big, hahaha. But since we're tipping our hat to CadillacSTS2003, I would certainly have to agree 110%