: HEAT comes from passenger side w/AC on!

smoey847
07-14-08, 12:58 PM
Hi. We just got back a couple of days ago from vacation. It was about a 1000 mile round trip. When we got back, we turned the car off to let our friend out and get his stuff. Before this, everything seemed alright; however, after starting the car again, HOT air was coming from the passenger side vents. In unison, air was coming from the drivers side, as it should have been. The snowflake AC button was on, fan on 2nd setting while both temperature zones were on 68. We still have warranty, but would really like to have an idea what's going on or if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks!

JD001249
07-14-08, 04:38 PM
My 2005 is doing the same thing, sporadically though. I am still under warranty, just need to get it in the shop. If I get it in soon I will let you know the outcome.

JD001249
08-01-08, 11:17 AM
Sorry for the long delay in writing back. I just got word from my dealer that my AC is working normal. Of course the day I take it in both vents are blowing super cold and the AC is blowing colder than it ever has! I told the dealer that I only drive the truck about a day a week and they said that should not be the issue. I only have 2K more miles of warranty and about 4 months left, whichever comes first.

I am going to keep an eye on it and if it does it while I am driving it I am going straight to the dealer.

If you find anything out with yours please update the forum.

JD001249
08-01-08, 05:19 PM
I picked up my truck earlier today. The dealer said all was cold inside the truck. I get in it, drive a few miles and the air in the passenger vent never gets cold while my two vents do. I take it right back to the dealer. A tech looks at it and says that is typical of Escalade's, the passenger vent is always 5-10 degrees warmer than the other vents. WTF!!!

Has anyone else had this problem?

My truck goes back to the dealer Monday but if anyone has any suggestions on what to tell them I would appreciate it!

djmodifyd
08-05-08, 02:49 PM
It my escalade that i had (I have traded it in for a CTS-V...and I SOOOO miss it)

anyway...mine did the same thing, except for me it did it while at the dealer :thumbsup:

they ended up replacing a module in the dash on the passenger side...i don't remember which one...but they said if i didn't have warrenty it would of been about 1500 to fix.

so get it to the dealer while its blowing hot air!

JD001249
08-05-08, 05:06 PM
It is in the shop right now. Took it back in last night. At least they did see if not functioning correctly! :) I have not heard from the dealer today so I assume they will have it another day at least...

JD001249
08-05-08, 09:44 PM
Got my lade back today. They had to replace the AC compressor and they had to put in a new flap on the passenger's side. I do not have the documents from the dealer describing what they did as I was in a hurry tonight. But, as soon as they are mailed to me I will update so that everyone knows what the fix was.

I must say, now my truck can freeze anyone out... :)

ratbike1
08-06-08, 02:19 PM
This is one issue that I HATE about my EXT. It will be going back to the dealer for a third time for this same problem. They've replaced the compressor on one occasion, done a software change on another occasion and a full delete and recharge of refrigerant as well. Now I haven't had the one side hot one side cold in a while, but it's still not very cold and now makes THEE most annoying whisle every 5 seconds out of the passenger vents. It's absolutely maddening! Thank God I'm under CPO warranty, but the trips to the dealer are getting pretty annoying!!

kerry
03-24-09, 08:15 PM
Sorry for the long delay in writing back. I just got word from my dealer that my AC is working normal. Of course the day I take it in both vents are blowing super cold and the AC is blowing colder than it ever has! I told the dealer that I only drive the truck about a day a week and they said that should not be the issue. I only have 2K more miles of warranty and about 4 months left, whichever comes first.

I am going to keep an eye on it and if it does it while I am driving it I am going straight to the dealer.

If you find anything out with yours please update the forum.

I have simular problem no warranty left on my 07 blows constant cold thought was doing constant heat before then stopped iam at a loss

oldworld
03-24-09, 09:47 PM
How did they determine that the compressor was bad? How does that relate to heat on one side and cool on another.
Or is the bad compressor part of the larger picture with the HVAC??

shore
03-24-09, 11:57 PM
This a famous issue with the vette guys and we use the same climate control.Two things cause this to happen.

1.It gets low of freon.This could happen anywhere.

2.The servo on the controller door gets weak or out of synch.A lot of times you could get by with just disconnecting the battery and letting it reset when the battery is reconnected.There is a little door in the airbox(inside dash) that gets hung up.

oldworld
03-25-09, 09:08 PM
Seems like disconnecting the neg from the battery every once in a while can do alot of things to reset...Is this a good idea to do once in a while?

blkesv2004
03-26-09, 03:05 PM
I have also had this problem with my esv. Every time that it has happened, it stops just as quickly as it starts. Not too much of a problem, except when it happened on a 99 degree day. My husband seems to think that it is the blend door sticking. Haven't bothered to check it out yet.
Maybe this can help.
J.