: bought a 2005 V and have some questions... please help...

SoJersey05V
07-13-08, 05:09 PM
i just recently purchased a Black 2005 V with 25000mi on her...

i want to do a few small upgrades... i know i want the LPE intake. i'm a little stuck on a cat back though... don't know if i want the Corsa kit or the B&B kit... what do you think would be the best?

also we all know that the stock shifter is sloppier then Borat's girlfriends Va-j-j!!! which shifter does everyone recommend, UUC or B&M?

if everyone could give me some help i would greatly appreciate it... and trust me i will have more questions sooner or later!

thanks everyone!

Cowan480
07-13-08, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the V!!!

I have magnaflow cat back with X pipe with Kook 1 7/8 and cats, I can't help you with that. Also I still have stock shifter, I might change mine at the same time as you. I will follow this thread and I'll see which one I'd like to have also.

How about some pics guys!!

Netsloth
07-13-08, 05:17 PM
i just recently purchased a Black 2005 V with 25000mi on her...

i want to do a few small upgrades... i know i want the LPE intake. i'm a little stuck on a cat back though... don't know if i want the Corsa kit or the B&B kit... what do you think would be the best?

also we all know that the stock shifter is sloppier then Borat's girlfriends Va-j-j!!! which shifter does everyone recommend, UUC or B&M?

if everyone could give me some help i would greatly appreciate it... and trust me i will have more questions sooner or later!

thanks everyone!

I love the UUC in my car. Yesterday, I replaced the stock knob with a UUC leather knob. The difference is incredible. I didn't imagine just weighting the top of the shifter would make a difference.

I say UUC Shifter, Knob, and Bushings.

tdyguy2k
I'm contemplating these same mods myself, so I don't have any answers for you. But Congrats on the buy and welcome to the forum.

StealthV
Put a new GM paper filter in the airbox.

Corsa.

UUC.

In V1 world, it doesn't get any better than 2005 and Black. :cool2:

Twitch
07-13-08, 05:27 PM
I have the whole UUC shifter kit. I love it, but it's expensive.
You can get a B&M for a little over $200. You'll still need the Lyndsay bushings, and it may be a little noisy.
If its only between the Corsa and B&B, go with the B&B. It has a nice deep sound, and its 3".

But if you go withe the Magnaflow, you can probably get all your mods for the same price as the other exhausts.
Don't expect much from a CAI.

Tony

ROG
07-13-08, 05:34 PM
I have the B&M shifter and love it. There is no noise normally, but I do get a trace of noise if I drive with my hand resting on it and I have never heard of it breaking like the UUC.

CTSV_510
07-13-08, 05:58 PM
:yeah: but the UUC's don't break anymore unless you buy a used old one.

But...if you're thinking about corsa or B&B for exhaust (each about $1200 I think), consider this: blow03ss is located just outside Philly and he is selling a set of kooks headers, high flow cats & corsa catback as a set for only $1700 (less than 2k miles on them, new it all costs $2400).

Add a B&M ;) shifter to that and you're in under $2000 and you will take your car from stock to kick-ass in no time!
:welcome:

SoJersey05V
07-13-08, 06:29 PM
wow you guys are great & fast!!!

i thank you all and i am going to check into those used kooks, high flows and corsa!!!

the shifter was one of my main concerns because of the few horror stories about the UUc.. hate to spend that much money and have it break! but if they cured the problem then its all gravy now!

but i love the car! i've had it 2 weeks and its great!

i do need new tires however so that'll probably be my next thread or whatever...

it is going in for a new radio, and bushings in the rear in a week when the parts get in... radio wouldnt read the Nav disk so it was stuck on Michigan in the enter Destination part and stopped telling me when it was in Competitive driving mode as well!

thanks again everyone!!!

rand49er
07-13-08, 09:00 PM
:welcome:

If money is no object, get a UUC shifter, otherwise, you'd be hard pressed to notice the difference if you did the B&M. Main point: a shifter is a must! Do it!

The Kooks/Corsa setup has a wonderful sound ... love mine. A B&B exh by itself sounds (sans headers) sounds bitchin' as in, "Here I am everybody!" Haven't heard a Magnaflow in person, but the sound clips are real decent. Zoomers and Borla are two more options.

Please, get a shifter ... and, for cryin' out loud, will ya post some pics already?!! :rolleyes:

Cowan480
07-13-08, 09:16 PM
Yeah where are the Pics?? haha

Where is the best and most cost effective place to get the UUC shifter?? How much money are we talking here??

heavymetals
07-13-08, 09:20 PM
"i want to do a few small upgrades..."

Famous last words! :canttalk:

Welcome.

PISNUOFF
07-13-08, 09:23 PM
B&B has a deeper rumble and Corsa is a little more on the raspy side and sounds like a true race car at WOT. You are not going to find anyone who will ever say they don't like the sound of their aftermarket exhaust on their V. Whichever you choose, you will love it. If you want more info, search here or on Youtube. I found quite a bit on Youtube before I bought mine. Purchase UUC from Luke at Lindsay.

SoJersey05V
07-13-08, 11:35 PM
pics are on the way!! haha

shifter is most likely first on my list!

i checked out some sound clips and...

i do believe the kooks-corsa way is to go!!!

i thank CTSV 510 for your help... that damn 20 post thing sucks but im on my way!!!

if you could let blow03ss to please send me his number or email so i can maybe pick them up!
do you know why he's selling them though?

CTSV_510
07-14-08, 10:57 AM
pics are on the way!! haha

shifter is most likely first on my list!

i checked out some sound clips and...

i do believe the kooks-corsa way is to go!!!

i thank CTSV 510 for your help... that damn 20 post thing sucks but im on my way!!!

if you could let blow03ss to please send me his number or email so i can maybe pick them up!
do you know why he's selling them though?

No problem, I figured you might as well get started off right!

I did send him a message to send you his email address because you were interested. He is in Afghanistan right now so he's not online all the time, but I was still able to arrange to pick up hotchkis sway bars from his wife last week.

Cowan480
07-14-08, 12:27 PM
Spoke to Luke today, I got the pricing for the UUC shifter. NOT cheap at all!! I'm gonna have to think about this MOD for a day or two!! If I do buy one, it will be the UUC from Luke. Thanks guys!!

Netsloth
07-14-08, 01:36 PM
Spoke to Luke today, I got the pricing for the UUC shifter. NOT cheap at all!! I'm gonna have to think about this MOD for a day or two!! If I do buy one, it will be the UUC from Luke. Thanks guys!!

It only seems expensive. There is almost nothing you can do that will affect the way this car feels from the driver's seat more.

I was shocked at how much better I like it with the short-shifter, bushings, and weighted knob.

Caditude
07-14-08, 03:29 PM
Look at the Katech shifter as well. I love mine and it's cheaper then the UUC.

http://www.katechengines.com/street_performance/engine_parts_detail.php?id=28#

:duck:

rand49er
07-14-08, 04:08 PM
... There is almost nothing you can do that will affect the way this car feels from the driver's seat more. ...:yup: Couldn't agree more.

heavymetals
07-15-08, 12:15 AM
Any shifter is better then the POS stock one ;)

blow03ss
07-15-08, 04:09 PM
Hey man I have the UUC shifter for you along with the bushings and the UUC aluminum and leather wrapped knob to go with it. The whole exhaust, Kooks LT's Kooks cats, Corsa catback. I have a LPE intake also for you, and a few more goodies. Just shoot me a email silvy423@gmail.com

SoJersey05V
07-15-08, 08:28 PM
Thank you very much blowSS i'm gonna be sending you an email shortly... by the way... why are you selling these parts?

ewill3rd
07-15-08, 09:55 PM
UUC shifter is a must. The B&M is okay and it does feel good but the shaft doesn't fit right and the kit is more confusing to install. If you don't wrap the shifter in something you get a lot of noise from under the car.
The bushings you need either way.

Corsa/Kooks has a beautiful sound, the B&B is nice but it is very loud. Your neighbors will always know when you are coming or going.

Lots of mods out there... be careful, especially around these guys! You'll get hooked! :lol:
(even though it is good for my business ;) )

CTSV_510
07-15-08, 10:02 PM
The B&M is okay and it does feel good but the shaft doesn't fit right and the kit is more confusing to install.

:confused:

ROG
07-15-08, 10:11 PM
The B&M is okay and it does feel good but the shaft doesn't fit right and the kit is more confusing to install. If you don't wrap the shifter in something you get a lot of noise from under the car.

Everything fit fine for me and took less than an hour to install. Also NO noise.

:confused:

CTSV_Rob
07-15-08, 10:32 PM
UUC shifter is a must. The B&M is okay and it does feel good but the shaft doesn't fit right and the kit is more confusing to install. If you don't wrap the shifter in something you get a lot of noise from under the car.
The bushings you need either way.

Corsa/Kooks has a beautiful sound, the B&B is nice but it is very loud. Your neighbors will always know when you are coming or going.

Lots of mods out there... be careful, especially around these guys! You'll get hooked! :lol:
(even though it is good for my business ;) )
Thumbsup on the UUC shifter!

The B&B is civil with the Resonator, hi flow cats, and headers. I was told you cannot even hear mine on the freeway cruising but when you go WOT that's a different story :D

tdyguy2k
07-16-08, 01:30 AM
... that damn 20 post thing sucks but im on my way!!!

If you become a supporting member, you can PM immediately. Just my 2 cents. BTW, it's $5/month. Cheap investment for the amount of help/info you'll get from the site.

ewill3rd
07-16-08, 07:43 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to diss the B&M, the ONE that I did I had a bit of trouble with. Apparently you aren't supposed to follow the instructions too closely. They had me confused for some reason... maybe it was my mental state at the time.
The UUC fits snugly inside the upper boot attached the floor. The B&M is skinny and there is a lot of space there. Someone posted a photo of it a while ago.
I am sure if I did about 30 more I'd be fine with it and could iron out any kinks I had on the first install.

CTSV_510
07-16-08, 10:24 AM
Ahh.. gotcha. Yes, there are a couple parts of the instructions that need to be changed to make the install easier.

ewill3rd
07-16-08, 10:59 AM
Usually when I am doing them, someone is in a hurry or I have 8 other cars I should be working on so I don't have a lot of time to mull it over and see if I need to modify the instructions ;)
If I had looked here first it probably would have gone more smoothly.
Does that seem odd to anyone else? :lol:

blow03ss
07-16-08, 01:04 PM
Thank you very much blowSS i'm gonna be sending you an email shortly... by the way... why are you selling these parts?
Im selling the V, I would rather see the parts go to someone who will enjoy them rather then sell the car to a guy who could care less if they are on the car or not, which seems to be the case lately with buyers. Email me, I will be home in 2 weeks and we can get all these parts installed for you also. Later

SoJersey05V
07-17-08, 11:06 PM
no problemo man! i'll email you this weekend...

how much do you want for everything? the full exhaust, shifter and knob, and intake?