Cadillac Owners Forum banner

GM Canada Parts Prices...

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jon 
#1 ·
Dont mean to generalize but if you are about to pay the dealer for some work to be done with expensive parts (and are willing to wait a tad longer) try to hit up an American dealer for the parts (Like Lindsay Cadillac)

Personal experience here.... Modified CTS-V so warranty on the drivetrain is :beat: Exact same part number for a diff was $1600shipped from the US, and the dealer price here is almost $3900. Then I get a call saying yep it was your diff, but your R axle broke inside it.... $1300 for the axle here, $450 from the states, so I got both new for $850 from the states.

Dunno if this is limited to the V's or just newer models but if you're not in a hurry to get it fixed you can save a butload of coin getting your parts from the USofA

#3 ·
I work out of town so I had FedEx hold the shipment at their depot when It arrived then I went and picked it up. I'm having my Axles delivered straight to the dealer that will install them. You just gotta keep up with the movements of your package via their online tracking. If it sits in customs or "clearance delay" for more then a couple days CALL them, they wont call you.

#5 ·
Yup, I needed a front diff suppport bushing for my 05 CTS-V. My stealership wanted $43. + tax. I called Luke a Lindsay and he shipped one to me for $27. incl. shipping/taxes/duty. Not a big ticket item, but quite a difference given our dollar. Oh, by the way, it'll cost about $630.00 to install!

#6 ·
If any Canadian Dealers get smart, they would create the same sort of internet ordering site that they have in various states. Not just calling the dealership but being able to search their inventory and place the orders as well. Then have the prices brought down to a reasonable level not the hijack rates they charge now. Even when the dollar was at 66 cents, it was still more than worth while to order from America even with the customs charges if any or brokerage charges if any. The local Caddy dealership in Town has just put their rates up again for labour, 125 per hour for Chevys and 140 for Cadillacs. I am in the wrong business. LOL

#7 · (Edited)
Cant speak for most of their prices but i just stumbled onto partszoneonline and they are like gmpartsdirect but they ship to canada. Was ordering an ashtray and partszoneonline was within $2 of gmpartsdirect.... they stock gm and mopar parts.

*EDIT just looked up a diff, aprox the same as it cost me from Luke @ Lindsay but partszoneonline doesnt include shipping for that price. Luke does give forum members a deal..... but this place seems a close second.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.