: WooHoo! Gotta Love the Warranty!!

CtsVrod
07-11-08, 05:36 PM
So I dropped of the V on Tues for some minor issues.. Clutch Switch, Windshield Molding, and the Tire Rubbing the inner fender. I figured the Inner Fender Job was a 50/50 for warranty work, considering it happened when I was driving quite aggressively in a turn. Anyways, I get a call back on Weds, saying everything was fixed including the Fender well (Yay!) Then he said, but I noticed you buttons are kinda peeling on your Nav, so I've ordered you a new Nav unit as well.. (YAYAYA!), So I asked him to look at the Driver Headlight as well, because it has some hazing... So he calls me back and Says Yea there seems to be some Sun Damage, but this isnt really covered under warranty, BUT.. I can do a courtesy repair, and order you TWO new Headlights! (Holy Shit YAYAYA!) Sooo needless to say Im very happy, and will be picking up the car this afternoon, and then picking up my NEW headlights some time next week. If anyone needs there car serviced in the So Cal area I highly recommend Silver Star in Thousand Oaks..and my service rep was Don.

Twitch
07-11-08, 05:49 PM
Hope you took care of him.

CtsVrod
07-11-08, 05:53 PM
Hope you took care of him.

Haven't picked up the car yet.. But Im def going too tonight when I get it... Got any ideas? You just slip him some cash or what?

Tmac11
07-11-08, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a good service center. I just got mine back from the dealer(mounts,seal, etc) and mentioned that the shifter is sloppy compared to another I drove and they said it was normal. I then "inquired" about replacing it with a UUC or B&M shifter and was told that "If its not done right it may void my warranty":contract:
I guess they want to install it.

CtsVrod
07-11-08, 06:02 PM
Sounds like a good service center. I just got mine back from the dealer(mounts,seal, etc) and mentioned that the shifter is sloppy compared to another I drove and they said it was normal. I then "inquired" about replacing it with a UUC or B&M shifter and was told that "If its not done right it may void my warranty":contract:

Yea Prob.. I installed mine, and I dont even think they've noticed. It really depends on the dealer I think.

rand49er
07-11-08, 06:22 PM
Haven't picked up the car yet.. But Im def going too tonight when I get it... Got any ideas? You just slip him some cash or what?Cigars or cash ... they both disappear while you're holding them so it's a toss up. :D

V-Love
07-11-08, 06:31 PM
Cash is King. It is also easily passed with a handshake. I drop a 20 when I leave it. Depending on the work, a 20 or 40 on pickup.

1000 posts. I'm quitting till I get a 2009 V. Hope I can hold out.

korizzle
07-11-08, 06:43 PM
they are good over there...my experience with them wasn't quite as good as yours, though. maybe i'll have to give don a call...my guy, craig, was very friendly, but not nearly as generous.

Twitch
07-11-08, 06:44 PM
Mine likes Vodka.

CadzillaTN
07-11-08, 09:34 PM
Im all for taking care of someone, but Warranty (should be) warranty reagrdless. Unfortunately, the reality is you are dealing with a human service rep that makes the decisions so a good relationship can go a long way. However, you don't always get that person. Sometimes you get the jack off thats shooting for the 5 star award for denying the highest amount if claims. yep. you know who im talking about. :rtfinger:

I should market a Cadillac Service Rep V-Series bribe kit. Yeah,... Inside--- 50 bucks, movie tickets, a nice heavy pen, and a massage certificate (in case of lady rep )

Im driving across town monday for my last ditch effort on a checklist of 'nonexistant issues'. Fac warranty is up on the 20th. Im buying the extended before mine runs out so if they agree to knock out a few things I may buy from them..

CadzillaTN
07-20-08, 06:01 PM
new dealership treated me right and the service guy was great. He was eceptive to all the issues, 12 year employee. Car was in and out in 3 days and despite a new diff and mount, they only put about 4 miles on the odometer.. Good to have someone to count on and go back to now. I bought the extended warranty from them as well. Have 30 days left on deductible free factory so im going to be fine tooth combing it over the next couple of weeks.

DRKSIDE
07-21-08, 03:53 PM
Wow - you had a great experience!

If I could get that kind of service every time I wouldn't ever buy a car anywhere else!

Too bad they don't all see the benefit of a long-term relationship. Try having sex with a woman and never letting her get hers! Not only will you stop getting any, but she will tell all her friends how crappy you are in bed! Let the customer win one now and then and you get to win more than your share over time. Everyone gets all fuzzy and cuddley and they all lived happily ever after.

JD03Cobra
07-21-08, 04:19 PM

I've taken mine in twice over at Pat Lafontane on M-59 for warranty work and the service has been excellent. Rand49er recommended them and he as right.

Tmac11
07-21-08, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the info on Pat Lafontane. I'll stop by there in a month or two an ask about my oil pressure...42psi at start up and when everything heats up 29-30psi at idle. Maybe a sending unit but its always nice to see what kind of response you get to the question you ask. I've gotten use to my Ford dealerships "Thats normal" response.:nono:

CtsVrod
07-21-08, 07:24 PM
Little Update... I got the new headlights and Nav... Very Stoked, But as you might have read in my other thread, the Headlights have smudges, or dust on the Inside of the lense, which is only noticeable when the lights are on... But I found out today that the adjusters inside the NEW driver Headlight are busted, so ANOTHER headlight is on its way! Hopefully without smudges. So when it goes back in (for the 4th time) im gonna have them check out the Diff Bushings, and M.M. Figured what the hell, might as well get her all fixed up so I dont have to go back soon... So far sooo Good with Silver Star Cadi.