: NAV clock resetting and other things

devilito
07-11-08, 11:09 AM
i had my car in to the mechanic for a new water pump and when i got it back some weird crap started happening with my nav screen. The clock keeps changing/resetting when i turn the car on and the volume bars dont move up and down anymore when i adjust the volume. Other things might be off too but i havenít found anything else.

Any ideas what this might be?

Civardi
07-11-08, 12:08 PM
We have voulume bars on the screen? I did not know this. Lousy FAQs.

perfect
07-11-08, 12:40 PM
We have voulume bars on the screen? I did not know this. Lousy FAQs.

I was thinking the same thing....:bonkers:

devilito
07-11-08, 12:53 PM
maybe it has something to do with the auto volume feature? Yeah there were verticle bars showing volume level.

nikon
07-11-08, 01:05 PM
vertical bars are the EQ, press audio to get to it...set whatever station you want, set the EQ the way you want it....then program the preset by pressing and holding.....as for the clock...don't hit the auto gps clock button or whatever it is....just set the clock manually and it will stay, mine does the same stupid thing.

devilito
07-11-08, 01:09 PM
vertical bars are the EQ, press audio to get to it...set whatever station you want, set the EQ the way you want it....then program the preset by pressing and holding.....as for the clock...don't hit the auto gps clock button or whatever it is....just set the clock manually and it will stay, mine does the same stupid thing.

thanks bro! that helped a lot. Maybe when they worked on my car they disconnected the battery and it reset everything. Possible?

Mystical_Ice
07-11-08, 01:11 PM
weird, i have NEVER seen them, and i always thought i knew the NAV unit pretty thoroughly :-/

the only graphical volume display i know (knew) of was the NAV voice volume adjust... no vertical volume level except in the 'audio' section, and that's the EQ, not volume

Mystical_Ice
07-11-08, 01:12 PM
one more thing. on XM, for some reason it always reset the EQ to the default "flat" setting. even if i program it :(

Keys8541
07-11-08, 11:34 PM
I got my car tuned, now my navi goes blank with just an arrow showing in the center if i zoom more than halfway out

Kmajecki
07-12-08, 11:42 AM
When i try to enter and address in the nav it wont let me change the state! Its stuck on Michigan for some reason! BOOOO!

nikon
07-12-08, 06:33 PM
When i try to enter and address in the nav it wont let me change the state! Its stuck on Michigan for some reason! BOOOO!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/85230-navigation-system-update-firmware.html

Kmajecki
07-12-08, 07:37 PM
Sweet, thanks! I didnt think this was worth searching for, glad there's a fix! Thanks again:thumbsup:

EDIT: Just saw the date on that thread! I ordered a new nav CD back in early 2007 and it came with a firmware disc which i already loaded... Guess i need to find it and do it again!

nikon
07-12-08, 07:55 PM
ya I'd run the firmware disc again...if that doesn't work there's other ways around it...like you have to select city everytime you wanna input an address...I can't remember what I had to do, but it was a PITA.