: left turn signal blinks fast

sburgin
07-11-08, 09:27 AM
new owner of an 05. one thing I just happened to notice is that when I use the left turn signal - it blinks and "clicks" (for lack of a more accurate sounding term) twice as fast as the right turn signal. is this normal ?
I haven't tried to step out of the vehicle to see if in fact the actual turn signal light on the rear of the car is blinking twice as fast. I'm basing my observation on the indicator on the dash. Any thoughts ? something broken ?

pjbizjak
07-11-08, 09:33 AM
In most cases the problem is a bulb burned out or a defective bulb or socket. If your car is still under warranty the dealer will fix it for free.

Fire and Ice
07-11-08, 11:21 AM
Agreed. It's usually an indication there is a defective bulb on that side. Whether Cadillac designed it this way intentionally or not, but it works. Most likely your side marker bulb (on the fender) or the front turn signal bulb (in the fog light housing) is bad. The rear uses LEDs and they rarely go bad.

CadillacSTS42005
07-11-08, 11:23 AM
dealer will not cover a bulb thats regular maintenance

bigdog9586
07-11-08, 11:37 AM
Geez, my cheap Chevy dealer did on my almost 3 year old truck.
==============

dealer will not cover a bulb thats regular maintenance

MortnCyn
07-11-08, 12:05 PM
dealer will not cover a bulb thats regular maintenanceMy dealer does bulbs under warranty. In fact it was on our '05 with the problem described.

C&C
07-11-08, 02:12 PM
If you are still under "bumper to bumper" warranty, the dealer should 'even' cover bulbs. Had a similar experience, as Bigdog did, with a Chevy S-10.

blunted
07-11-08, 03:51 PM
Dealer covered my bulb.. they should especially when it's such a pain in the ass to get to.