: New Windshield Price

svtbolt2001
07-10-08, 01:03 PM
Do you guys have any ideas of how much it will cost to replace our windshields?

50 4Ever
07-10-08, 01:32 PM
Do you guys have any ideas of how much it will cost to replace our windshields?

I have no idea, but be sure to ask for original GM glass otherwise you will get a cheap knockoff that will look like it's been sandblasted in a year, I got a knockoff and it looks like crap now...

:bonkers:

DRKSIDE
07-10-08, 04:15 PM
Can't find my receipt anywhere.

I think it was around $450 but I can't really remember. Insurance covered it under comprehensive coverage.

SkullV
07-10-08, 11:33 PM
I remember Chef got an aftermarket windshield that was different from stock in some way and it was supposed to be more aerodynamic...probably didn't work

Maximusthefarmer
07-12-08, 03:42 AM
I am getting mine replaced tomorrow through USAA and it is going to run me 225 at their "contract rate" with Safelite, whatever that means. I guess it would be a little more expensive if I just went it to get it done. I'll let you know how it turns out.

tmwfla
07-12-08, 03:50 AM
You don't have "full glass" on your USAA coverage?

rand49er
07-12-08, 09:10 PM
I am getting mine replaced tomorrow through USAA and it is going to run me 225 at their "contract rate" with Safelite, whatever that means. I guess it would be a little more expensive if I just went it to get it done. I'll let you know how it turns out.Drove about 220 miles today, and my brother noticed a 12" crack in the upper right (passenger) side of my windshield. :mad: Not there one minute, and there the next.

Please don't forget to post up your experience ... I'll be waiting. :thumbsup:

Maximusthefarmer
07-15-08, 04:25 AM
Windshield fits great, ran me 225 like quoted done in under an hour. Need to get it retinted but that is about it. Used an OEM windshield and everything.

No sadly I do not have comprehensive glass on my USAA. I do not have comprehensive anything except medical. Other than that, I break I bought it. But it does help to keep the premiums down when you are a 22 year old male with a 400 hp car... thank god I left NY finally at least VA is slightly less brutal

Sherlock
07-18-08, 01:41 PM
I had one replaced this winter for $240 installed i believe, they even came out to my shop to put it in.

smoothq
07-18-08, 06:02 PM
Windshield fits great, ran me 225 like quoted done in under an hour. Need to get it retinted but that is about it. Used an OEM windshield and everything.

No sadly I do not have comprehensive glass on my USAA. I do not have comprehensive anything except medical. Other than that, I break I bought it. But it does help to keep the premiums down when you are a 22 year old male with a 400 hp car... thank god I left NY finally at least VA is slightly less brutal

Well Im still 21 and I only pay 95 bucks a month on my own and I have the absolute max full coverage ... Impossible? No I have a perfect driving record and I have the hook up through Farmers.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
07-18-08, 10:10 PM

How much do you pay? I have USAA, full coverage and just turned 23.

Mystical_Ice
07-19-08, 02:38 AM
I have Mercury County full coverage, am 22 (almost 23), and pay about $120/month... that includes full coverage on my CTS-V, and liability on my 1980 fleetwood

Mystical_Ice
07-19-08, 02:39 AM
ALSO - i noticed my windshield looks like it's been sandblasted... all these little grains on it, that are actually dents in it. weird - i have no idea how they got there. it bugs the heck out of me when i'm driving, and i keep thinking i can just turn on the windshield washers and wipe them away, but i can't :(

any ideas a) how they got there, and b) how much a new windshield (identical to the one i have - including the tint at the top) would cost?

the cadillac kid
07-19-08, 06:51 PM
ALSO - i noticed my windshield looks like it's been sandblasted... all these little grains on it, that are actually dents in it. weird - i have no idea how they got there. it bugs the heck out of me when i'm driving, and i keep thinking i can just turn on the windshield washers and wipe them away, but i can't

any ideas a) how they got there, and b) how much a new windshield (identical to the one i have - including the tint at the top) would cost?

I have no idea, but be sure to ask for original GM glass otherwise you will get a cheap knockoff that will look like it's been sandblasted in a year, I got a knockoff and it looks like crap now...

:bonkers:

Maximusthefarmer
07-21-08, 05:15 AM
Well Im still 21 and I only pay 95 bucks a month on my own and I have the absolute max full coverage ... Impossible? No I have a perfect driving record and I have the hook up through Farmers.

I'm happy to hear it...but for everyone who does not have a hookup, which is almost everyone..It costs a lot more than 95 a month, even with a clean record..so... I don't know how all you guys have such low insurance costs I have been on my own insurance for a few years now and I shopped around before I bought, USAA was by far the cheapest..I have speeding tickets now so I pay more but when I moved to NY I went from paying around a 100 something a month to 220...and this was with a clean record just the area I lived in...much cheaper now that I am back in VA